Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Fuel rail covers, will they fit an Fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fuel rail covers, will they fit an Fbody?

will they fit right on or do you have to do something to make them fit?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anybody know?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check with ls1speed.com kinda pricey. I think you do have to make some new holes.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:03 AM
TECH Addict

Do a search on the forum here for the info

There is quite a bit of trimming that needs to be done. You will need to cut another oval hole in the DS cover for the F-Body fuel return line as the FRC's are for vette's and only have one. You will also need to trim the rear of the cover to fit around F-Body specific brackets.

Then you will need to trim the PS cover to clear the throttle cable bracket at the front and in the rear to clear some more F-body specific crap. Possibly will need to cut hole for Oil Dipstick Tube.

If you're not comfortable doing all this you're better off buying a custom set already cut/painted for F-body...
Old 01-16-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mvvette97
will they fit right on or do you have to do something to make them fit?
Yes, with some minor modifications to either your car, or the covers.

1) First thing to do is use the 1997-98 two-slots covers to begin with. They already have the two slots, so no need to cut another like mentioned above. So many unsuspecting f-body people fall for the ebay deals & then get screwed & have to try to cut a second slot that ends up looking like crap.
B) The easiest thing to do is modifiy the covers to fit, rather than the engine. You either need to remove all the AIR tubing crap, or simply cut some relief areas out of the rear of the covers. The cuts in the covers are hard to see after installation because they'll be back under the cowl area anyway.
Third) You will either have to modify the throttle bracket or simply cut the cover to fit around the bracket. I have always simply cut the slot & retained the front curve of the cover. Others have simply cut the corner out to make it easier.
4th) If you are doing custom paintwork, you'll have to grind out all the red paint from the 'Corvette' text, as the filler material won't stick to it very well, & you take a chance of the filler popping out later if you don't. Use a flexible filler also.
e) Either drill a hole for the dipstick, or slot the cover in the lower section for relief. I always drilled the hole, as I simply thought it looked better that way.

Search the forum for photos of "fuel rail covers", or "frc's". There is a ton of info on the site here to help. Simply look at all the photos & go to work.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Yes, with some minor modifications to either your car, or the covers.

1) First thing to do is use the 1997-98 two-slots covers to begin with. They already have the two slots, so no need to cut another like mentioned above. So many unsuspecting f-body people fall for the ebay deals & then get screwed & have to try to cut a second slot that ends up looking like crap.
B) The easiest thing to do is modifiy the covers to fit, rather than the engine. You either need to remove all the AIR tubing crap, or simply cut some relief areas out of the rear of the covers. The cuts in the covers are hard to see after installation because they'll be back under the cowl area anyway.
Third) You will either have to modify the throttle bracket or simply cut the cover to fit around the bracket. I have always simply cut the slot & retained the front curve of the cover. Others have simply cut the corner out to make it easier.
4th) If you are doing custom paintwork, you'll have to grind out all the red paint from the 'Corvette' text, as the filler material won't stick to it very well, & you take a chance of the filler popping out later if you don't. Use a flexible filler also.
e) Either drill a hole for the dipstick, or slot the cover in the lower section for relief. I always drilled the hole, as I simply thought it looked better that way.

Search the forum for photos of "fuel rail covers", or "frc's". There is a ton of info on the site here to help. Simply look at all the photos & go to work.
Do you know if anyone has a blueprint or actual pic of where cuts need to be made
Old 01-16-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes theywill fit, i have some custom ones for sell for a TA, Pm me if youre interrested
Old 01-16-2007, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Good advice. This is not a job for beginners. So do some research first. I bought mine, pre-cut from a member of this board and they fit nicely. Check e-bay.

Installing them is also tricky. Takes time and patience.

Good luck...........

Quick Reply: Fuel rail covers, will they fit an Fbody?