Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of H/C Swap, but have question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 05:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thinking of H/C Swap, but have question

I bought my T/A back in Sept and it now has 23K miles on it. I don't intend on any power adders except maybe a 100 shot of dry nitrous. If I do a H/C package, do I really need to replace the oil pump and timing chain set? Also, the cam I am looking at would need to rev higher, how high can I go on the stock bottem end? Should I atleast change the rod bolts to the ARP stock replacement? I don't want to change the short block yet.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say replace the oil pump and go with an LS2 timing chain. The pump will provide more oil pressure for the higher RPMs you will turn and the chain will also handle the revs better.
As for the rod bolts, if your car is a '98-'00 then change them for sure. I spin my '01 to 6800 on stock rod bolts as they tend to be a little stronger.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KY Z28
I would say replace the oil pump and go with an LS2 timing chain. The pump will provide more oil pressure for the higher RPMs you will turn and the chain will also handle the revs better.
As for the rod bolts, if your car is a '98-'00 then change them for sure. I spin my '01 to 6800 on stock rod bolts as they tend to be a little stronger.
Agreed. For the extra few bucks, its worth it to change the stuff out while youre in there. You can get a new oil pump and an LS2 chain both for about 150 bucks.