General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: to build or not to build
just restore to stock in perfect condition and sell to highest bidder
0%
restore and build a 9 second monster, have fun, then sell it for as much as u can get
0%
restore and put a mild cam, and just very mildly build the motor for the best of both worlds
100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

to build or not to build. that is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default to build or not to build. that is the question.

i have just bought 2 1970 chevelles. 1 with the 350 and the other with a 307. the 307 car will be sold due to the fact of i dont need it but it came with the 350 car so what can ya do? body is perfect, motor runs but could use rebuilding, interior is decent but could use some cleaning and small components to look nice (door pannels ect....) needs some paint. the question is would you A) fix everything to return it to stock and be perfect and sell it as a fully restored car to make money to pay for NADC (nashville auto-diesel college. the college i plan on attending for a high performance degree) or choice B) wich would be fix everything but rebuild the motor and while rebuilding stroke it to a 383, completely build it for a 9 second car that would be streetable but not too likely but just have fun with it and evetually sell it to get some money for school. im having a difficult time with this descision because i know that the value of a 1970 fully restored chevelle is HIGH and i stand to make a ton of money off of it yet it is indeed an old school muscle car that i would love to build but i know i would never get close to the money i would get if it were just restored and put to stock and sold. damn the irony. any insight/help guys?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i say fully restore, i think classics are a lot nicer and cooler restored than modded up. i have a red 70 that ima have to wait a few years to get to.