PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please take a look at my tune.... What am i missing?

Old 01-18-2007, 03:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please take a look at my tune.... What am i missing?

This is a 98 Z28 with the following mods:

G5X4 cam
Pacesetter headers
U\D Pulley
Lid

Car is tuned with HP tuners, but still see KR above 4k RPM's with no reason as to why. Please see if you can ANYTHING in here that might lead to that problem. If you see ANYTHING else that looks slightly "squirrley" please feel free to mention it.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
MyCar2 - colby pe.hpt (441.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-18-2007, 03:15 AM
On The Tree

Crap, it's not working.... How do you attach a tune file?
Old 01-18-2007, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Hey man Im not sure about ur tune but I have a question, how does your car run w/ that setup. I have a 99 w/ exhaust, lid, gears and im gonna go w/ the G5X4. How mean does it sound? Does it have any power down low or does it feel like a dogg? Did you dyno it yet? Not tryin to highjack thread tis thread just want to know how ur liking the cam? Good luck w/ the tune!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by T'sBlack99Z28
Hey man Im not sure about ur tune but I have a question, how does your car run w/ that setup. I have a 99 w/ exhaust, lid, gears and im gonna go w/ the G5X4. How mean does it sound? Does it have any power down low or does it feel like a dogg? Did you dyno it yet? Not tryin to highjack thread tis thread just want to know how ur liking the cam? Good luck w/ the tune!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

I have done many searches on this cam. I'v look at a ton of threads but his mods are the same as mine. I have yet to see to many guys runing this cam w/ a ls1 intake( I think he is unless i read it wrong) I really dont care bout those guys w/ heads and 470 hp. I'm no where close to them so how would that help me at all? I jumped on the fact that he has a 98 and the same mods, so who better to ask them him? I picked this cam b/c a friend of mine has it and put down over 400hp w/ same mods + the 90/90 setup. I know that is really helping the cam breath so I wouldn't exspect to be w/ in 30 hp of him. So I wanted to get this guys .02.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't see the log here on my work laptop, but do you have any knock sensor error codes? It will pull full KR in PE (4degs is stock) if so...
Old 01-19-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T'sBlack99Z28
use the PM feature for these questions instead of changing the topic of the thread
Old 01-19-2007, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Frost
I can't see the log here on my work laptop, but do you have any knock sensor error codes? It will pull full KR in PE (4degs is stock) if so...
99.9% sure that we have no error codes. It's not my car actually, but we had no codes the last time we logged/tuned on it.

What do i need to do to be able to post it and or send it to you?

Search this Thread