General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Wrecked the WS6

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrecked the WS6 (pics)

Okay well tonight as I was going home I hit a patch of ice and went fishtailing all over the place and couldn't stop, ran into a curb and up on to a muddy field and hit a stop sign. The stop sign was totally uprooted, thrown into my windsheild and almost cut my head off. All of a sudden the stop sign seemed to disappear as cheesy as this sounds as if an angel took it out... and the stop sign didn't touch the car... it was layed neatly underneath my car. I am so shaken up right now that I almost died and I wasn't even in a wreck with anyone else.
My car suffers the following, broken windsheild and popped tire, probably torn up ws6 rims and a HUGE gaping hole in the front of my bumper and my right head light is popped up and to the side. When the glass busted it turned into dust and I think I may have small peices in my eye, I'm scared because I just had lasik last month and my eye hasn't healed yet. I probably won't be able to take pictures of my wrecked car until I have it back from the shop.
UPDATE- Well it seems that the shop wants to fix it and there is no damage at all to anything under the hood, my right head light motor is totally broken and my bumper and my right fender will have to be replaced and my suspension is totally messed up. Whoever owned the car previous wrecked the door and just glued the door panel back on and the shop saw that and they are going to fix that plus all the scratches that were previously on the car. I am nervous about how the paint will come out looking. Here are the pictures of the car at the shop. Oh and for the next 3 weeks my rental car will be a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix and man it's so nice, everything about it blows my car away. It's so touchy and easy to drive, if they DO decide to total my car which I hope they won't then I will be shooting for something much newer.. maybe one of these grand prixs lol.
First picture is a before... and the last picture is my new ride for awhile.

Last edited by rayvendawn; 01-19-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** happens it could have been alot worse, like you said you could have been killed. Just be glad it was your car and not you.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ice in Texas??
Old 01-18-2007, 11:58 PM
12 Second Club

that is really too bad. I remember doing a similar thing in my Z28, slid it in some water and did a 180 into a light pole. I crushed the car all the way to the engine. I can remember getting the crap knocked outta me and smelling that airbag smell. I got right out and started taking pictures. I was so pissed and out of place, I was laughing about it. Srry to hear about your wreck. You think it could be a total loss?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Launching!

I'm going to have the car repaired and the wreck won't go against my record, I guess it was cosmetic and not that bad but I felt like my heart was ripped out when I drove off and left it. I didn't have a camera and it was dark so I couldn't use my cell phone.
The police told me to drive it home with the windshield all busted in so I guess they thought it wasn't that bad. I don't know if I will be able to afford to keep it after the insurance goes up so I might be selling it to get a honda civic or a neon heh.

I am very grateful by the way that I am alive and grateful that my car isn't wrecked so badly that it will have to be totaled.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TORK?
ice in Texas??
have you been in a hole for the past few weeks? texas just got hit with a horrendous ice/snow storm.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Banned

HOLY CRAP! I know this person, you okay Rayven? *phone*
Old 01-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Launching!

I don't have a scratch on me, I'm perfectly okay. hehe
Old 01-19-2007, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody injured is what matters.

Sorry to hear about the car, though. Ice sucks.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Theres Ice Storms everywhere, even SoCal. Oklahoma's getting thrashed as is Texas and will continue to do so this weekend. Glad you're ok man, thats pretty cool about the stop sign, hearing stuff like that is cool/weird. (That it moved). Your car can be rebuilt alot easier than you can. Take pics when you can.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bww3588
have you been in a hole for the past few weeks? texas just got hit with a horrendous ice/snow storm.
i need to watch the news more
Old 01-19-2007, 01:43 AM
Launching!

I just remembered that I just bought a new clear air lid and I am now freaking out that its broken, I don't want them to put the regular old ones back on
Old 01-19-2007, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rayvendawn
I just remembered that I just bought a new clear air lid and I am now freaking out that its broken, I don't want them to put the regular old ones back on
A ~$100 lid is nothing to be freaking out about at this point, you know...
Old 01-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Launching!

Update.. at this point they are thinking about totaling the car out. If that happens I will only get at most 10,000 for it and I paid 16,000. I am really worried at this point, I have no money saved up and all of my money went into that car.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

How long have you had it?

If they total it out, you should still be able to keep it. Correct?

If all you did was go over a curb and run over a stop sign, and DROVE IT HOME, I don't see how it could be totalled. If it is, according to the insurance company, then I am sure you can part it out and make that $6,000 difference back by selling everything that is still good. What do you suppose the engine and transmission alone are worth? Think about that.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
Nobody injured is what matters.

Sorry to hear about the car, though. Ice sucks.
+1, you can buy a "new" WS6, I cant buy a new Rayven, lol.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

glad to hear you are okay man... dont trip on the car too much.... hope things work out 4 ya
Old 01-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Glad to hear you're alright man. Hopefully the car thing will get worked out and you'll either be able to keep it and get it fixed or they'll total it out and you'll part it out and make your money back.

The ice storm was crazy and we have another round coming this weekend. My T/A is in hibernation mode inside the garage because I'm worried about that same thing happening to me.

Be safe out there everyone.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bww3588

so did oklahoma and we are about to get it again in my area, 5-10 inches.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Launching!

I couldn't drive it home, I had it towed to service king to do the work on it. The rims are so busted up and the tires were all flat.. that and the winsheild would be impossible to drive behind. I haven't even had the car a year, I bought it in June of last year. I knew it wasn't worth what I paid for it but I never thought about having it totaled before I paid at least half of it off.