Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PTK fitment

Old 01-19-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PTK fitment

just wondering how everyone with this kit liked the fitment. does it rub or rattle anywhere? any modifications needed to fit?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

Well, I need a skidplate for this crossover. I'm probably 1 to 1.5" lower than stock, though:
Your turbo will also end up right up against the radiator, so make damn sure you've got a blanket for it.

Fried wires are a problem, so coat and/or wrap the primaries. There's also some reflective tape (do not use the "ultra") that you can stick on your wires to help protect them... and keeping max air gap between the primaries and your wires is critical.

Alternator relocation was a problem with mine but maybe their newer bracket solves this.

Clearance for your steering needs to be monitored; if the downpipe is allowed to contact these pieces they will melt.

Make sure your power steering connections are all in good shape and kept clear; also do not overfill the reservoir... 'cause the fluid will drip straight down onto the header and then it's flame on, Johnny Torch. Don't ask me how I know that.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:49 PM

Ive never scrapped mine and Im lowered about 1". I guess it all the way you drive.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

...and how your QA1's are set up
Old 01-19-2007, 09:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RW99
Well, I need a skidplate for this crossover. I'm probably 1 to 1.5" lower than stock, though:
Your turbo will also end up right up against the radiator, so make damn sure you've got a blanket for it.

Fried wires are a problem, so coat and/or wrap the primaries. There's also some reflective tape (do not use the "ultra") that you can stick on your wires to help protect them... and keeping max air gap between the primaries and your wires is critical.

Alternator relocation was a problem with mine but maybe their newer bracket solves this.

Clearance for your steering needs to be monitored; if the downpipe is allowed to contact these pieces they will melt.

Make sure your power steering connections are all in good shape and kept clear; also do not overfill the reservoir... 'cause the fluid will drip straight down onto the header and then it's flame on, Johnny Torch. Don't ask me how I know that.

are your wrapped headers stainless or mild steel?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine only has 1 scrape, from a speed bump that was taller than it looked... I'm stock height.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Lowered 1', and my pipe is crunched enough so it won't scrape... But it does look quite crunched just on purpose.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:46 AM
TECH Resident

are your wrapped headers stainless or mild steel?
I didn't have the foresight to wrap them before the kit went on. As for the primaries, mine are coated but I'll admit I don't know the material beneath...
Old 01-21-2007, 09:57 AM
10 Second Club

anyone know if I can fit an E-waterpump in my car with the LT1 gen 2 system?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PTK fitment