General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Car stollen and Recovered This morning. Exp people help!

Old 01-20-2007, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Car stollen and Recovered This morning. Exp people help!

Ok this was weird. I get a call from my mom that my 98 WS6 was stolen and recovered last night. Apparently the cops showed up at 4:30 in the morning knocking on her door asking if she owned a black Trans am etc... they said it was vandalized she grabbed the keys and walked outside to look n they said "not here, is it supposed to be here?" so blah anyways they take her to it a couple miles from the house and its quite apparent that they started to strip it but didn’t for some reason.... only two lugs on each wheel the hood is half off and the rear seats are gone... fronts are lose and busted window, lights are hanging off the back panels are awkward... Big ole bash like someone hit it or they hit something.... a few interior parts missing, stereo etc.... basic crap but a couple crates in the back where the seat used to be... Now for the weird part... the ignition is fine.... not visibly broken... vary odd the cops said they found lots of shaved keys lately but they obviously know nothing about car or gm's theftlock system isnt that great.... somethin was up cause my mom started the car right up.... unfortunatly it died right away...no clue what the problem is as it was frozen this am.... havent looked alot yet but there is **** all over the car... The cops filed a report called INS etc... If a car is stolen and recovered do they automatically make it a theft recovery and salvage the vehicle? Im in CA and my ins is 21st... Full coverage etc... I just don’t even feel like touching the car now... like it’s not even mine anymore... I put tons of work into it and it feels like a bastard child now.... I feel no love connection with the vehicle as I did even last night.... its like it’s gone and I don’t even want the car.... I never want to see it again even... its the weirdest feeling I have felt in a long time... like the point where you have a gf and your like damn this chick can suck well but that will only take her so far... I feel cheated on and I have never been cheated on in my life... almost devastated... I just hope they total it but there is probably about 4-5 grand worth of damage to the car... I don’t think that’s enough to total a nice *** car... it’s a 98 ws6, black/black, M6 full bolt on's, cam etc...The stereo was an eclipse cd4000 and stock speakers and monsoon stuff... Adjuster is going to come out mid week... I guess ill just clean the car out of the broken glass and take the window up I hope it isn’t too wet outside with it freezing every night n stuff... sorry for the long *** post but any thoughts about if they are going to total it.. and im sure I won’t want them to in a day or two.... so how do I buy it back from them if they do try to total it? and if I don’t want to buy it back cause of a salvage title (my main concern) can I get my bolt ons, cam valve terrain etc..... before they take it? I mean to I have a right to it...? I don’t know if I will be able to get copies of receipts... probably from thunder and Maryland speed but ordered lots through Texas speed as well but I doubt ill have any luck getting a receipt from them... im still waiting 11 months on a pulley.... any general advice on what to do? All receipts and reg etc everything was missing.... and all was in the car... thanks in advance... i feel like
Old 01-20-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

Jump on sacfbodyz.com dude, we can help you out with local stuff..
Old 01-20-2007, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

im on norcal, cant remember my pw so havent signed on in days lol.... never seen sacfbodys tho ill check it out thanks....
Old 01-20-2007, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry to hear this man.

Hopfully things will work out for you
Old 01-20-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's actually noted as a theft recovery title. If they total it try and negotiate buying it back if only for parts. Sorry about the car man. If you wind up not buying it back they'll give you a few days before they come for it, try scrapping up the stock parts and swap it out before it's picked up.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

yeah im actually over the past couple hours feeling super sick... i feel like my car isnt there anymore...i wont even let people add air to my tires... im super picky about who touches it and even who rides in it... i cant even look at it without a disgusted face...i think ill end up selling it even if they dont brand it salvage... if they do tho i might buy it back for parts and part it out depending on price n conditions....id be willing to bet i will throw up before tonight.... i really feel for anyone who loves their car to death and gets it stollen.... i have had a vehicle stollen hell a fbody stollen (94 trans am) but i only saw it at a junk yard two months later and burnt to acrisp that i didnt even recognize.... looking at it only hours after it was stollen and then recovered just makes me sick.... anyways thanks everyone ill post results as they come... adjuster wont be comming out till tuesday-wednesday next week... i just wanna find out if its an auto branded title of theft recovery then ill get someone to yank all my mods for me... peace out
Old 01-20-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know how you feel man. I wouldnt want my car back after someone screwed with it. I didnt want my truck after someone left a huge door dent in it. Im picky with my vehicles
Old 01-22-2007, 10:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man that sucks as i live in sac as well! jump on sacfbodyz.com and we will help you out like zfan(chris) said!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Well this is very discouraging. I'm in sac too, time for some better anti-thieft devices. Sorry about the car. I had a truck that I loved that got de-virginized. I didn't want anything to do with after that either, so I know how you feel. It doesn't sound like it will be totalled out though.

Good Luck
Old 01-23-2007, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

UPDATE! gets worse... frickin 21st still hasent gotten the car out of the driveway where it has sat since it was towed back to my folks house. Last night they came back and took more stuff... Front seats, t-tops, shifter, and tail lights.... i hate this crap.... and my cars getting moisture like crazy and being frozen every night to boot.... on a side note tomorrow im purchasing parts to start the repair.... i got a set of seats , t-tops and tail lights in the bay to go pick up for when i get my car back finally today they decide they can come get the car... They will inspect it etc... im not gonna let them fix it ill just do it as its easy anyways.... and i might save a bit of money... oh also i had/have a viper remote start alarm, stock alarm on it.... i would love to get these people who did it but it will never happen... anyways.... i dunno im kinda depressed all over again lol... Maybe ill go back to the wbody vehicles.... or a jeep n make it a trail rig... two fbodies jacked is just too much for me right now i think they dont like me....

Also on another side note... if they decide to total my car.... do i have a right to take my car back for any amount of days ? i would really like to de/mod it... has cam(+supporting valv terain), headers,pullies, lid, ls6 w/egr etc.... lots of stuff in it that i dont wanna just give them.... i doubt they will pay for it... I do have a 3000 rider for stereo stuff maybe they will cover part in that as well ? ins is 21st centry... slowest people on earth....
Old 01-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Wow, put it somewhere else or sit out there and catch the *******, get a license plate # or something. They are bound to be back for more. On another note, you can take whatever off the car you want, they don't know the cam is in there, nor the headers or anything, just do it before they pick it up. that's how we've always done it(my buddies tend to total out their vehicles when they wreck). Hell we left one of my buddies TA's that he rolled pretty screwed up, we just pulled the old cam out and left the cam out and buttoned up the front loosely, pulled the springs and just bolted the valve covers back on, removed the ignition fuse so they couldn't try to start it, loosely bolted the stokc headers, ypipe and exhaust back on after we ripped out his LT's, ORY, and catback. We removed the suspension pieces and put the stock stuff back in. Just stripped it out pretty much.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, 2 mexicans tried stealing my 95 TA and they did about the same thing, they just got interrupted (by me, I almost caught one of them, but sadly he got away). I feel your pain, even though mine wasnt that bad its like someone raped my car
Old 01-23-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WS6.Jay
Wow, put it somewhere else or sit out there and catch the *******, get a license plate # or something. They are bound to be back for more. On another note, you can take whatever off the car you want, they don't know the cam is in there, nor the headers or anything, just do it before they pick it up. that's how we've always done it(my buddies tend to total out their vehicles when they wreck). Hell we left one of my buddies TA's that he rolled pretty screwed up, we just pulled the old cam out and left the cam out and buttoned up the front loosely, pulled the springs and just bolted the valve covers back on, removed the ignition fuse so they couldn't try to start it, loosely bolted the stokc headers, ypipe and exhaust back on after we ripped out his LT's, ORY, and catback. We removed the suspension pieces and put the stock stuff back in. Just stripped it out pretty much.

id do the same thing. you still own any parts that you put into the car, so you can get them back no matter what.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Update!, ins decided to total it. I had gotten almost all the parts i need to repair it too already... I was starting to think i could get over the whole "someone else touched my baby" thing... Oh well now ill have parts to sell... On another note i told them i wanted my parts off the car before i signed the title over. The lady really said "I have never heard of someone doing that sir i dont know if we can let you have them" so i told her its still my car and i didnt give a **** about what they can do i can do what i want with my car... Anyways we will see how the convo goes with her boss on monday. I decided not to even talk to her about buying it back since she seems like a n00b. I'll probably buy it back if they dont want too much for it... if i do then i can just toss the parts i got to fix it into it and get a couple more and fix it or part it out.... depending on witch ill get more for... doesnt matter tho cause the experiance sucked but still **** happens off to a new project now... I'll be doing a decent sized cam+full bolt on demod sale soon so anyone lookin for anything keep an eye out....
Old 01-28-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Veteran

that's so annoying, im so sick of all the shitty people out there. My brother got his 350z for christmas and on christmas night someone stole his spoiler. Bullshit. Sorry man

Search this Thread