Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My 50% tinted windshield pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 50% tinted windshield pics

Hey, I put down in a thread a little over a week ago that I'd share some pictures of my windshield tint in a thread about them. I never got around to taking the pictures though until today so I figured I'd share them in a new thread. Perhaps this will aid someone who was thinking about doing the same thing.

The tint itself I've had for about 2 months. My main reason for putting it on was due to the fact that about 1/3 of the cars I come across via oncoming traffic at night have xenon headlights. This makes my eyes go They're great to drive with but not to have coming at you. I want them on my car but I hate them on almost every single OEM car at the same time. Enough ranting though. The tint helped slightly for this problem which almost made me wish I went darker but it would also be even more noticeable (don't want a fix-it ticket) and I don't think I'd feel safe with it at night.

Here's the windshield as you would see it. It looks clearer in this photo because the sun, while not directly behind me, is going through it. On overcast days people on the road who know me aren't sure if I past them and basically any dark area like a parking garage you won't really see me.

Here is a shot taken from inside my car with no flash (had to turn it off because it messed up the first shot) of a little scenery.

To show the difference between my tint and no tint I got out of the car and took the same shot.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

can you take a night shot from inside and out so we can see that too?!? i want to do this also....
Old 01-20-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats a nice view of the bridge
Old 01-20-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks. Perhaps tonight I can go to the same spot and repeat to show the nighttime differences.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay I went out to the same spot for some night shots. Every picture looks darker compared to how it was in person.

Here's looking at the car again with the flash.

Here is the Golden Gate again through my windshield.

Here it is again from outside my car. You can see right hand support tower in this picture more but I could also easily see both from my point of view inside the car. This is an okay comparison but the daytime were more realistic.

The next three pictures are just random traffic shots to give you an idea of "daily driving" duty at night. They're of the freeway that leads to the bridge.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good! the pictures make it look not even tinted, but obviously pictures do no justice. my boss put 50% on the windshield of his hummer a few weeks ago. being the rest of his truck was all limo it looked black on his though...looks sweet! mark up the tally for another windshield tinted!!!
Old 01-21-2007, 09:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm getting ready to get my windows tinted once the weather warms up ....I just wish I could find someone to tint my front windshield around here.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well the first tint place I walked into said they'd do it but for cash only and no receipt for me.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

It looks good man! I think you went with just the right amount, because you really can barely tell unless you know what to look for. Let us know though if you get pulled over and harassed for it.

My buddy did the windshield on his truck, but it was waaaayyyy to dark (can't remember the %) and his windows were triple limo You couldn't see ANYTHING from the outside in...and being inside it was a little sketchy...It didn't take long before he got a massive ticket. He ended up having to pull the tint and take it to court to prove he had gone back to legal before getting the ticket dropped.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put some sun glasses on lol. I never seen anyone tint a windsheild b4 not sure I would do it. I love having the sides tinted at 22% tho.

Quick Reply: My 50% tinted windshield pics