Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessory mounting help

Old 01-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Accessory mounting help

I am putting a 2002 LS1 into an MGB and am looking for a source for accessory brackets. I am going to run an alternator and AC Compressor and they need to be run high on the engine. Any ideas where to source brackets?
Thanks,
Ed
Old 01-21-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out Street and Performance... they have many options..
Old 01-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Launching!

We have the best one out there. I present the Sidewinder by ATS. It will be ready at the end of March.

The Sidewinder Performance LSX drive includes the following:

All mounting brackets made of 6061 T6 aluminum with Black hard anodizing
ATS revised GM water pump casting with bolt on pulley, 8 vane scrolled impeller, and ceramic seals.
Lee Engineering GM type II aluminum P/S pump with external res and AN fittings
Powermaster 140 amp alt
Sanden SD7 A/C compressor
ATI super dampner
OEM style tensioner
All hardware is made for the Sidewinder by ARP
ATS desiged pulleys (crank, water pump, A/C compressor cover, Alt fan and pulley, P/S pulley with bolt on hub)
Gates serpentine belt (used on Katech C6R engines)
all needed gaskets

This system will fit into most egine bays, as the accessories do not go outside the physical demensions of the engine/heads.

Tyler
Old 01-22-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also another great option !.. Nice looking setup... any price on your system yet ?

Question.. over a stock F-Body setup (using BRP Style plates). Would there be more or less around the Power Steering pulley area.. as for us A-Body guys.. it come into play on clearance issue with the Steering box.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Can you get this kit without a power steering pump? Are there any kits which utilize the stock waterpump, alternator and AC Compressor?
Old 01-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Launching!

I made some brackets that look like the kit above out of aluminum plate and aluminum tube. Do a search for the pulley post I made earlier. It should also apply for LS1 engines (use shorter spacer). I used the truck accys and a compressor from a 96 vette that I had. I lowered the alternator about 1.5" and used a 2 pulley tensioner from an 05 Durango and placed the stock idler on the passenger side of the crank pulley. Total cost was $85 for the aluminum, $25 for the jig-saw blades, $35 for the tensioner, $12 for the bolts and $26 for the belt. If I counted my time I probably should buy the ATS kit. (not cheap) I plan to post some pictures of this in the near future. I also have cad drawings of the plates if anyone wants them.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Launching!

This is how I modified the Alternator bracket and mounted the 96 corvette AC compressor. I didn't want to notch the crossmember. I needed to lower the alternator to clear the hood. You also have to be careful where it is placed to avoid the bolt heads with the belt. The belt is 93"

Last edited by 76LQ9TA; 01-22-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Launching!

I figured I'd bump this thread instead of starting a new one. 76LQ9TA, I might need the dimensions for the high mount alternator to do what I want.

Basically I have no room to mount my alternator down low and I am not running A/C or P/S. From the look of the angle above I would have to run the belt on the ribbed side around the water pump. Then of course I will need an adjuster for the alternator. Luckily enough I have a 98 LS1 water pump so I can remove the pulley but I need to find one that has the same number ribs and mounting depth and diameter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Accessory mounting help