Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Removing Engine Stickers/Labels?

Old 01-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Engine Stickers/Labels?

My labels that show like the model year, pvc routing, belt routing, etc were wron off so I was just going to pull them off to clean up the engine bay, whats the best way to remove them. They are on there GOOD.

I tried razor blade and soap, etc. but it didn't really do anything just made it harder. Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks guys!

If I can't seem to find anything I will just goto the dealership and get new ones. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ItSStock00
My labels that show like the model year, pvc routing, belt routing, etc were wron off so I was just going to pull them off to clean up the engine bay, whats the best way to remove them. They are on there GOOD.

I tried razor blade and soap, etc. but it didn't really do anything just made it harder. Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks guys!

If I can't seem to find anything I will just goto the dealership and get new ones. Thanks!
Paint thinner or goo gone
Old 01-22-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SLPHawk300
Paint thinner or goo gone
paint thinner on a non clear coated engine bay? Not sure about that one. It makes it a little bit easier if they are soaked, so I put a wet carwash mit on top of it for a few hours and the sticker came off no problem. Rest of it came off with my fingernails.

You may want to take a picture of it and print it out for later use.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ItSStock00

I used goof off to remove mine and they came off great with minimal work and no problems with the paint after they were removed. You can get it at Home Depot.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just did mine last night. I used an old towel and some acetone. It worked out fine. Just dont use too much and you will be okay.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

did mine a couple days ago.. I just used rubbing alcahol and a rag, but I had to heat the stickers/surrounding metal with a hair dryer before they would come off. Its about 40 degrees in the garage, and they were impossible without the heat
Old 01-23-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

You can buy new ones from the dealership.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Goo gone FTW
Old 01-23-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Regular

Goo Gone definitely FTW. I close my hood in the most gentle way possible (lowering slowly, click it once, then apply gentle pressure to the center of the hood until it clicks into place) so I didn't need those ugly stickers. I did keep my belt routing and all that stuff though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing Engine Stickers/Labels?