Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally started for first time in 1.5 years

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 06:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally started for first time in 1.5 years

Finally had my 96 Blazer started. Has a 2005 5.3 with 4l60e. Kept the electronic tb. Took a while for oil pressure to come up. Put the plugs in and installed the fuel injector/coil fuses. Started right up,revved for a second and then settled into a nice idle. smoked out my garage while it burned off the oil I squirted into the cylinders to prelube them. Had a small leak from the radiator oil cooler fitting. Left it idle for a while checking for other leaks and warm it up. Started to give it gas slowly, sounded great until it blew a power steering hose and spewed fluid everywhere. Had to shut it down to keep it from catching fire. Looks like I might of put the hoses on wrong. Going to check on that today. Otherwise it sounded great. No muffler yet, just the y-pipe. Got to pick me up a 3" muffler today. The radiator is in the shop to have a new head with no oil cooler holes put on. Also have to figure out where i'm going to mount my fuse box and computer. They're sitting on 5 gallon buckets next to the drivers fender while I finish up the wiring. Anyone know if you can pull the water pump pressed in fitting out and put the fbody fittin in. this is for the upper radiator hose. As it is the hose is in the way of putting in my air intake. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the fittings but glad it started up for ya. Makes me feel better about mine that has been setting that long.

Quick Reply: Finally started for first time in 1.5 years