General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

YOU!!! VS. Insurance Co.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default YOU!!! VS. Insurance Co.....

Ok,..... I'm starting this thread cuz I'm sick and tired of the Insurance Co.'s wining these damn battles with us!!! ... If you've delt with these ******* then you know what i'm talking about.

Post your experiences and usefull information that the rest of us can use. Your input is more usefull than you think.

YOU! ..... VS. ..... Insurance Co.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

Just for starters,.....maybe someone out there can also help out with my suituation.....

Basically,......I got hit by an Uninsured Driver....Blah Blah Blah,...this this this....and that. I'll save you the long story. (I'm NOT at fault) BUT,...here's my delema.... I have a 2000 WS.6 T/A with 107,000 miles on it. I've kept her in excelent condition and the Insurance Co. now wants to consider the car,..TOTALED!! ""Son of a Monkey!!!""...

They're say'n that the cost to repair the damage needs to be under 75% of the cars actual value in order to keep it off the 'TOTALED' list. Well,.....its $6K and some change to fix the car (I call Bullshit on that) so that means that the car is worth,...what... ....$8K!!

Here's my Questions....
1.) Are they go'n off of 'Private Party Value',...'Trade-In Value' ...or the 'Suggested Retail Value'?

2.) Should I fight them on it OR buy it back as 'Salvage' and repair it myself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-24-2007, 12:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Just for starters,.....maybe someone out there can also help out with my suituation.....

Basically,......I got hit by an Uninsured Driver....Blah Blah Blah,...this this this....and that. I'll save you the long story. (I'm NOT at fault) BUT,...here's my delema.... I have a 2000 WS.6 T/A with 107,000 miles on it. I've kept her in excelent condition and the Insurance Co. now wants to consider the car,..TOTALED!! ""Son of a Monkey!!!""...

They're say'n that the cost to repair the damage needs to be under 75% of the cars actual value in order to keep it off the 'TOTALED' list. Well,.....its $6K and some change to fix the car (I call Bullshit on that) so that means that the car is worth,...what... ....$8K!!

Here's my Questions....
1.) Are they go'n off of 'Private Party Value',...'Trade-In Value' ...or the 'Suggested Retail Value'?

2.) Should I fight them on it OR buy it back as 'Salvage' and repair it myself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
thats bullshit. my opinion in this sitiuation would be to have it professionally appraised. not sure on the cost, and it might be hard to get an accuarte value in its current condition, so pictures prior to the accident will be helpful. but thats all i can come up with. hell my 98 Z with 45k miles on it was worth according to KBB 9k. so go figure.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:57 AM
TECH Addict

I just did a KBB check and heres the results.

Private Party:
A+: 10,225
A : 9,425
B : 8,405

Trade In:
A+: 8,250
A : 7,545
B : 6,365

Sugested Retail Value
Old 01-24-2007, 01:14 AM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry more of an SSU related subject since its insurance ingeneral...plus no good can come from this thread. I agree that insurance companies try at every oportunity to screw the average customer, but not much we can do about that.