General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

need help fairly quickly!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default pcv fresh air tube

i'm installing my ported tb and noticed that the one i bought (ported) doesn't have a fresh air tube (upper left tube on tb). is there a way to switch out my old one? anyone knows lemme know fast as i want my tb on before the sun goes down. thanks

james

Last edited by '02 WS6; 01-28-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What brand tb did you buy? I have never heard of this. You could eliminate the PCV system or call the person you bought from to find out. I do not think the factory one is removable though.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

he claims it was a shaner, looks good, but it has an allen bolt in it instead of a tube, so i'm thinking the pcv sys. was removed on his setup. i tried to remove the stock one to no avail so i am stuck w/ only one option i guess.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

does anybody know if you can run w/o the fresh air tube in the tb connected? maybe by blocking off both ports in the valve cover and tb?
Old 01-29-2007, 05:34 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can run that line from the valve cover, to any source where you get filtered air. An easy solution, would be to go pick up a small clamp-on filter and stick it on the end of the fresh air tube.

Another solution (and slightly better) would be to pull from an area in front of the throttle body, but behind the MAF. This way, the air sucking into your crankcase, and eventually into you manifold, will be METERED by the MAF. It's not very much air, and probably won't make a difference though.

If you're going to run a PCV system, you really need that tube pulling air into the crankcase. If you don't have it, you'll basically be running a straight breather, but it will dump into the intake charge. The fresh air tube uses "fresh air" to help purge the crankcase of combustion gasses.