Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Virtual Tour of my Camaro... 56K warning

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 06:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virtual Tour of my Camaro... 56K warning

Well, I finally put my CME on my Camaro today. I decided to just do it myself for now so I could get the stripes I've wanted sooner. So I ordered the stripes today and they should be here around the 5th of next month
Do the tips look like they're sitting right? My buddy was telling me to make sure to sit them back a little and I think I got it right... I wanna get them sitting up about 1/4'' higher. Here's a virtual tour of my Camaro w/ the new tips and some pictures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5KKG2eQV0k <~~~Video

[/CENTER]

Last edited by SPECIALIZED STAINLESS; 01-24-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks really great man, good job CME is the way to be. Welcome to the club!
Old 01-24-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats!! Your car is looking sweet!! Like the old skool Camaro side badging. The car also sounds mean, I bet the tips really changed the sound of your exhaust.

But to answer your questions I would raise them up and bring out a little more IMO.

Here is how I have mine....

Also you have the older style tips that are known to crack the little center tab appart over time. I welded a 1/4" x 1" piece of aluminum to the back of mine before installing to prevent this from happening. As an added bonus it doubles as a nice handle to help you move around when working under your car on a creeper polishing the exhaust.

Greg

Edit, one more tip, ditch those ulgly "U" bolt style exhaust clamps and get some polished stainless steel strap style clamps as they look much nicer from the rear of the car and when people crawl under the rear too see your new exhaust. You can get them from many places like Napa under the Torque Tite name. Example in pic below.

Last edited by SS LS1; 01-24-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great dude! We have to get together again soon so I can check it out !

Can't wait to see your car with those stripes
Old 01-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Banned

Oh yeah, car sounds GREAT as well... I would through a Magnaflow muffler on there and call it a day !
Old 01-24-2007, 07:38 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks Greg. The thing that my girlfriend brought up is that the space on the top and sides is equal how they are now. The more I look at it, the more I like it the way it is... I don't know for sure yet. I'm going to redo my exhaust from the headers back eventually to make it sit closer and I'll redo all the clamps then I know about the brace cracking and it's kinda weird that I got the older style tips with only one brace because it was off of an '02 SS. The guy who I got them from has his car lowered and the tips have hit the ground before and didn't crack, so I'll fix it if it ever happens. Oh and I'm getting the dark charcoal metallic stripes, so they'll be a little darker than yours . Thanks for all the help!
Old 01-24-2007, 07:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Looks great dude! We have to get together again soon so I can check it out !

Can't wait to see your car with those stripes
Thanks. You're coming out the 10th of next month for the meet at Ontario Mills, right?!
Old 01-24-2007, 07:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Oh yeah, car sounds GREAT as well... I would through a Magnaflow muffler on there and call it a day !
I like the SLP muffler that came w/ the CME cause it's really quiet when I close my cutout. It's the perfect combination
Old 01-24-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toofazt
. Oh and I'm getting the dark charcoal metallic stripes, so they'll be a little darker than yours . Thanks for all the help!
Nope, thats the same ones that are on my car and my wife's NBM SS Jay lists them as dark charcoal metallic on his site but Avery was calling the material gunmetal gray. Either way I wanted the darker stripes as the silver just wasn't going to do it for me, nor my wife. Darker is more subtle and what we were going for. At least you know what they will look like now, right?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:47 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SS LS1
Nope, thats the same ones that are on my car and my wife's NBM SS Jay lists them as dark charcoal metallic on his site but Avery was calling the material gunmetal gray. Either way I wanted the darker stripes as the silver just wasn't going to do it for me, nor my wife. Darker is more subtle and what we were going for. At least you know what they will look like now, right?
I think you might be mistaken... He has both Charcoal metallic (In the chart below as Gunmetal, what you have right?) and Dark Charcoal metallic (in the chart below as Dark Charcoal metallic, what I ordered). Take a look at this email Jay sent me:

Hey I do have a scan of the color chart in my templates, but no photo (that I saw) of dark charcoal.

From the list below I carry "Gunmetal" which is sold on the website as "Charcoal" and "Dark Charcoal" which keeps the same name on the site. I also carry "Electric Blue". The other colors on here cost an extra $25 for me to buy a special roll. Of course silver and gold are stock too, but they are 3M film, which does match the silver and gold shown here. The 3M silver is what Chevy/Pontiac use on their cars.

Thanks, --Jay

Old 01-24-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

looks clean
Old 01-24-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great.Cant beat the CME. Where did you come across the valance if you dont mund me asking?
Old 01-24-2007, 09:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by nokeman
Looks great.Cant beat the CME. Where did you come across the valance if you dont mund me asking?
I got the valance and cme from my buddys SS
Old 01-24-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

awesome, looks very nice.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks killer. Excellent job of getting them to sit perfect.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

all I can say is wow, that makes a big difference towards the appearance of your SS, great job
Old 01-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SS LS1
Is there anyone that makes the stripes exactly like yours?? I couldn't find anyone that would do it, so I just ordered the Manta stripe. I would really like to have the exact stripes that are on your car. I know you heard this a million times, but damm I need some help in finding these or a shop that will custom make them.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Honboy1
Is there anyone that makes the stripes exactly like yours?? I couldn't find anyone that would do it, so I just ordered the Manta stripe. I would really like to have the exact stripes that are on your car. I know you heard this a million times, but damm I need some help in finding these or a shop that will custom make them.
3rdgendecals.com 35th anniversary stripes.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

I called them today and he told me they wouldn't be doing any custom decals for awhile. I even sent the guy an email showing the stripes. He didn't seem too interested in doing one. This is why I got the Manta. Are you getting the exact stripes as SS LS1? If so, would they make extras and I'll pay you for them?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

Those 35th stripes terminate at the bottom of the bumper where as SS LS1's terminate above the grill. I'm sure any provider (I know fourthcircledesigns owner, and he makes all of them) would custom make a set.