General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Well I was Greasing up my doors so they would work better...Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well I was Greasing up my doors so they would work better...Problem

And I noticed Both the rails that run up and down in that space where u can stick your head are bent in towards the door skin.. so I bent the drivers side back (well almost straight) and used some white lithium grease all over the rails... goes down fast but its stilll wanting to to grind to a stop going up after I roll it down more then once... then it starts making that gay underdash beeping

BTW brand new window motor maybe 700 miles with really light use (its been cold so no down window driving)

I know what todo for the passenger side (that autotrix ****) will the soddering of my driver side motor be my cure or is it a waist?
Old 01-27-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

bumptt i know this has happend to other peoples doors
Old 01-27-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm having a hard time understanding your original question/problem (the first paragraph). Maybe I'm not alone and that's why you haven't got a response yet.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah are you talking about the window guide tracks inside your door?? If so, I don't think you should have bent those they are normally bent inwards stock and I don't see how they could have possibly be bent inside your door that would have to be some weird **** going on in there. Also it sounds like you got a crap replacement motor hope you got the ones with the lifetime warranty. And as far as the soldering the window motor on the drivers side, what are you talking about?? Soldering what? It should be a plug that goes into the motor not raw wires, and if so, the better connection from the solder would be minimal unless the wires were severly corroded but then you couldn't solder them anyhow.... I'm confused here.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

theres a little thin piece in the motors which u can solder so it gets more power and doesnt overheat or do that safety stop **** or w/e.. theres a few threads on it

ya the window guide track that goes up and down?? is it suppose to be bent stock? id think that would create resistance but i wont **** with it if its suppose to be like that
Old 01-28-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't bend anything inside your door it is almost impossible for anything in there to get bent unless you took a hit or you have the strongest window motor ever (stock will burn out or give up well before any guides bend and I'm sure the rollers would pop before that metal bends.) As far as the soldering the piece sounds like another temp fix but I haven't heard of this so it may work but for me, I just shelled out the extra money for the Lifetime warranty motor so if it does that they WILL be getting it back. I say spend the 40 $$ and buy a lifetime warranty motor and just replace it.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1987firechicken
Don't bend anything inside your door it is almost impossible for anything in there to get bent unless you took a hit or you have the strongest window motor ever (stock will burn out or give up well before any guides bend and I'm sure the rollers would pop before that metal bends.) As far as the soldering the piece sounds like another temp fix but I haven't heard of this so it may work but for me, I just shelled out the extra money for the Lifetime warranty motor so if it does that they WILL be getting it back. I say spend the 40 $$ and buy a lifetime warranty motor and just replace it.
ya i a $20 ebay motor im gonna try soldering it first iv heard it works.. heyy why not i ******* hate the motors on these cars doors
Old 01-30-2007, 09:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gun5
ya i a $20 ebay motor im gonna try soldering it first iv heard it works.. heyy why not i ******* hate the motors on these cars doors
But do you hate your english teachers as much as your window motors?

Seems like your getting more work out of your window motors than you've ever got out of your english teachers...
Old 01-30-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Weezzer
But do you hate your english teachers as much as your window motors?

Seems like your getting more work out of your window motors than you've ever got out of your english teachers...

clever
i understood everything
Old 02-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Gun5
I know what todo for the passenger side (that autotrix ****) will the soddering of my driver side motor be my cure or is it a waist?
It's not poop!!!

Our kit can really wake up and extend your passenger window motor life!
Old 02-20-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wowsers
clever
i understood everything
ya iv never been good at english sent structure yet i made a 4 on the TAKS writing or whatever a year or 2 ago.. funny lol guess god passed me