General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

More Problems!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More Problems!

Well, the driver window motor is finicky now. Half the time it works, half the time its going up and just STOPS, barely budges when you flick the switch. It wont roll down either, then I shut off and re-crank the car and it works again for a second and stops, wtf? Is it a switch contact issue or is this the window motor? PS. when it works, IT WORKS. Not slow or anything.

The SES light is now on. I think its my OTHER AIR check-valve. The one I replaced last month was crapped up, I bet the other one was too, not too worried until I scan her and know for sure.

Water pump still needs replaceing, but it HAS needed it, just re-stating it.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

New window motor. Get it at autozone with the lifetime warranty. EASY fix. Scan the codes and find out for sure. No sweat man window motor is cake.

-J
Old 01-25-2007, 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate problems.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lastcall190
New window motor. Get it at autozone with the lifetime warranty. EASY fix. Scan the codes and find out for sure. No sweat man window motor is cake.

-J

Did GM rivet them in like ford, or is it just simple un-bolting? How does the door panel come off?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

Door panel is a few screws (behind the handle, in the slot at the bottom of the door, and under the handle IIRC), some good old fashioned GM press plastic snaps, and lift up and pull off. there's a great writeup but I can't find it right now. Your motor is riveted in unless it's been changed, so it's drilled out. After market one goes back in with nuts and bolts. Time consuming, but NOT difficult at all, took me an hour, most of whic was taking **** off.

-J

EDIT: BAM! http://www.shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html
Old 01-26-2007, 02:19 AM
Banned

Oy, I will have my friend fix all the little crap when he does the water-pump. Just annoys the **** out of me. I wonder whats going to break after the water pump/window/AIR valve is fixed?
Old 01-26-2007, 02:32 AM
Banned

JUST WANT TO PUNCH SOMETHING!

Damn, sorry, irritated. About to go to bed and I think its time. Recovering from the flu, putting my faith in the fact that after I got the FP and the water pump replaced, it would all be cool and the %@#%R@ window wont go up or down intermittantly 2 miles away from the shop when I picked her up with the new fuel pump tonight. Sorry, pissed off. WTF?!

Again, could it be contact points on the switch or something (thus the intermittant issue?) or is everyone sure its the motor? I thought they just got slower and slower when they died, not just worked fine one minute and wouldnt move at all the next. Am I wrong? The reason I think maybe switch is when I press the button and "help" the window with my hand...it wont budge. On my fords when they had issues with the motor, this would allow it to go all the way up. In this case, its like its not even trying, or it will do just fine without help for 3 inches or so and then STOP, no slowing, no whining, just stops cold. I dunno, maybe im wishing, lol. Window motor it is it seems

Last edited by BLKWS.6; 01-26-2007 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

There is a breaker type fuse for the windows. Maybe it is overheating then resetting? although the fuse overheating would probaly be a sign of a bad window motor.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

I had the same thing man, I'd try and help with my hand, no dice. If I wait intermittently in between trying to press, it'll go a little more. Seriously, in terms of what could go wrong with the window, this is as bad as it gets, and it's not bad at all. You just replaced the WP and FP, you should be laughing at this one. Hell, we replaced them about 4 times on my buddy's old LT1. You'll be shocked at how not involved it is once you take a look at it.

-J
Old 01-26-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

Did you even look at the door panel before you asked how it came off?? Do some research about stuff so you don't make a whiney post every other day...jesus
Old 01-26-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AIR valve
Old 01-26-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I vote you ripout your AIR system
Old 01-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Launching!

If I were you Id just gut the m'fer.

Im sure that'll fix it.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

dam youve just been having wonderful luck latley.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lastcall190
I had the same thing man, I'd try and help with my hand, no dice. If I wait intermittently in between trying to press, it'll go a little more. Seriously, in terms of what could go wrong with the window, this is as bad as it gets, and it's not bad at all. You just replaced the WP and FP, you should be laughing at this one. Hell, we replaced them about 4 times on my buddy's old LT1. You'll be shocked at how not involved it is once you take a look at it.

-J

Yes, just irritates me, we have done window motors on other stuff. I jsut wanted to make sure the panel came off the same way as on my fords, it does.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Addict

Wow you need to trade your car for a box of tampons and some vagisil...j/k man, sucks to hear your still having problems but the window motor is no biggie and you can fix yourself. Just make sure you have a power drill and follow the write-up on installuniversity.com. First time takes a couple of hours and is a pain but its better than going to the dealer. The motor cost me 45 bucks at autozone with a lifetime warranty as opposed to almost $500 from the dealership.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea my window motor has took a **** as well, but being as it is winter im not too worried about it
Old 01-26-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
Yes, just irritates me, we have done window motors on other stuff. I jsut wanted to make sure the panel came off the same way as on my fords, it does.

Its a little more involved. You can really see the motor as its in between the door and the inner fiberglass and there is no way to directly see it or touch it. You have to snake your hand up into the door cavity and feel around. Plus you have to drill some holes in the fiberglass door panel to see the factory rivets that hold the motor in place and drill them out as well. Just take your time and you will be able to do it and if it breaks again it will be a breeze to fix.