Sponsored by: DashLynx

Vertical doors

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 06:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vertical doors

Has anyone bought Vertical door kits from http://www.cardoorconversion.com/
I would like to know if anyone has had these installed on a 1999 thru 2002 Trans am. What kind of problems and they fit right. Also looking at Vertical Doors INC. Which one has the best product.
Need some feed bak please.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Resident

Vertical doors belong on lambos... nothing else.

Sorry, but this is the wrong site to be asking about stuff like that.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:11 AM
12 Second Club

i swear ls1tech lacks the slightest bit of tolerance when it comes to stuff like this...its a shame we'll only be doing the same mods to our cars until the day we die....
Old 01-26-2007, 07:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by spy2520
i swear ls1tech lacks the slightest bit of tolerance when it comes to stuff like this...its a shame we'll only be doing the same mods to our cars until the day we die....

i agree with spy... he didnt ask you to jump up in his **** about lambo doors, he just wanted to know. its his car, if he wants vert doors then how is it hurting you? you dont have to ride in it... leave the guy alone. try not looking down your nose at someone for what they want. i swear its like kindergarden in here sometimes... "your shoes are blue instead of black, lets rip on you"

grow up and try seeing the world through your eyes insted of your *** for a change, the view is better and you wind up with more friends cause you dont smell like an old shitty bastard all the time
Old 01-26-2007, 07:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by spy2520
If he wants vertical doors whats the big deal? This is why almost all F-bods look the same. Anything that varies from stock looking and people will make fun of it.

WOW on sale with direct bolt on kit that requires no door modification or welding is only $850, good deal.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:52 AM
TECH Regular

just sell ur car to me, ill give u the cost of the vertical door kit plus 500 to buy a beater car to put them on! i think its a fair deal so that LS1 car can be taken out of ur hands
Old 01-26-2007, 07:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 442 Likes on 353 Posts

Then why do we have a popular thread that specifically makes fun of cheesy F-bodies? Vertical doors belong on ricers - these are musclecars, not fart-canned fast and furious wanna-be's. Call me biased, but I have no tolerance for the ricer culture or those who apply it to an American icon like the Camaro.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Launching!

It seems like the same comments get made whenever anyone suggests, or wants feedback, on something outside of the "norm". Somebody asks a question about something different and they get shot down because it doesn't belong on an f-body or gets a . Then when somebody asks about something commonly used (ss spoilers & hoods, TTII's, etc.) everyone gets on their case and tells them to .

I say do what you want to do, you're gonna catch **** for it either way.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1Formulation
Then why do we have a popular thread that specifically makes fun of cheesy F-bodies? Vertical doors belong on ricers - these are musclecars, not fart-canned fast and furious wanna-be's. Call me biased, but I have no tolerance for the ricer culture or those who apply it to an American icon like the Camaro.
You dont have to tolerate it, just look the other way, or if it makes you feel better come start a thread here about what you saw so 95% of the people on this site can join in and make fun of it with you.

BTW, last time I check Lambos werent rice, so how is a Lambo door set rice?

There are also plenty of ugly *** appearance mods that are common on fbodys, ie. VFN hoods and fish looking front bumpers.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Resident

Hey, my views are just that... my views. They are not the same as everyone on Tech, obviously. But for the most part people here are biased against overpriced, gaudy crap that doesnt make a car go faster or stop quicker, hence this is not the site to be asking about lambo doors. I didnt mean it to be insulting, just simply stateing that you would get better replies elsewhere.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Black02Bird
i agree with spy... he didnt ask you to jump up in his **** about lambo doors, he just wanted to know. its his car, if he wants vert doors then how is it hurting you? you dont have to ride in it... leave the guy alone. try not looking down your nose at someone for what they want. i swear its like kindergarden in here sometimes... "your shoes are blue instead of black, lets rip on you"

grow up and try seeing the world through your eyes insted of your *** for a change, the view is better and you wind up with more friends cause you dont smell like an old shitty bastard all the time

LMFAO!!!!!! Totally agree with you. It's his car if you don't like it how the hell does it hurt you. whiteknightz28
Lets steal white's car and put lambo doors on it!!!

Last edited by SLP99sscamaro; 01-26-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by SLP99sscamaro
LMFAO!!!!!! Totally agree with you. It's his car if you don't like it how the hell does it hurt you. whiteknightz28
Lets steal white's car and put lambo doors on it!!!
You obviously missed the point of my post. Like I said, my opinion is mine and mine alone, I think they're tacky and said so. I then stated that its unlikely he's going to get a help on this site because most people here agree with me (think about how many members we have with vert doors... ).

I never bashed him for his opinion, simply stated my own. So **** off.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
You obviously missed the point of my post. Like I said, my opinion is mine and mine alone, I think they're tacky and said so. I then stated that its unlikely he's going to get a help on this site because most people here agree with me (think about how many members we have with vert doors... ).

I never bashed him for his opinion, simply stated my own. So **** off.
even tho i agree with knight, as with most people on this site about lambo doors on f-bods, i'd have to suggest to you, knight, that maybe a more tactical approach would be welcomed in such a thread. instead of stating that "this is the wrong place to ask that kind of question," or stating ur opinion about what lambo doors look like on f-bods, it'd be more beneficial to just point the query to a more helpful site, or better yet - if u dont have any suggestions, then simply dont reply. the original poster didnt ask for opinions on what you thought about it - just if anyone has bought from that specific company, or if these kits have been installed on 4th gen t/a's.

as far as the o.p.'s question - i dont know anything about that company, or any company that sells vertical door kits, but i *do* know that there's a black corvette on here that has the kit installed (and IMO, looks freakin sweet). im sure if you did a search, it may come up.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Personally, I don't mind at all what other people out on their car. In fact, it is the existence of cars like these that make mine so cool.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by camaroguy_02
even tho i agree with knight, as with most people on this site about lambo doors on f-bods, i'd have to suggest to you, knight, that maybe a more tactical approach would be welcomed in such a thread. instead of stating that "this is the wrong place to ask that kind of question," or stating ur opinion about what lambo doors look like on f-bods, it'd be more beneficial to just point the query to a more helpful site, or better yet - if u dont have any suggestions, then simply dont reply. the original poster didnt ask for opinions on what you thought about it - just if anyone has bought from that specific company, or if these kits have been installed on 4th gen t/a's.
Haha, I thought I was being tactful, (I've seen people call other people very nasty names for asking about things like vert doors or underglow lol). But I guess I should clarify my first post.

I knew that no one on this site had any experience with said company, and was only trying to save the O.P. some trouble. As for injecting my own opinion... well what can I say, I'm an ******* sometimes
Old 01-26-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Lets try not to bash people for their ideas regarding their cars.

He just wanted opinions, not to sit here and be criticized.

There is a pic of a T/A with lambo doors floating around here somewhere.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

whether it looks cool or not, i actually thought about putting some on mine for the simple reason that i am a rather large individual, and sometimes, not being able to open the door all the way (i.e., in a parking lot, stuck in between 2 other cars) made ingress/egress a little challenging. then i decided i would save a grand and join a damn gym.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Shouldn't this thread be moved to to www.Iwannabearicer.com?
Old 01-27-2007, 02:50 AM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by SHINER
Lets try not to bash people for their ideas regarding their cars.

He just wanted opinions, not to sit here and be criticized.

There is a pic of a T/A with lambo doors floating around here somewhere.
Yea I know...but when the opinion is that horrible...

Anywho, wrong section and try a search. Been covered in the appearance section and that is where this shall go.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LMFAO GOD I FEEL STUPID RIGHT NOW!!!!!! i thought maybe this was a real thread but no like always its a bunch of little bitches crying about something that has nothing to do with them! the guy didnt ask if you liked it or not he asked has anyone bought it and di it fit so you know what? unless youre going to answer one or the other i for one think YOU SHOULD SHUT THE F*** UP! i am sooooooo tired of bashing!its all this site has turned into!!

for what its worth, check out octanemotorsports.com. They have put vertical doors on a ton of f-bodies and sell the bolt on kit they use. You can call them theyre good to work with. I hope that you read this and that you havnt got sick to your stomach by now of all the inconsiderate closed minded ignorant prics on here and gave up on your thread. Why cant we have a blocker for **** like this? like make a negative post 5 times and youre kicked off the site

Quick Reply: Vertical doors