Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kind off a newbie quiestion on a dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 10:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default kind off a newbie quiestion on a dyno tune

well i will be gettin a dyno tune sometime soon after my cam install .but i have never had any car ive owned dyno tuned

..my question is when i take the car their to have it tuned will i have to have some kind of wideband 02sensor so they can fix the AF ratio or will the shops be able to tune without me having one.I have lt headers no cat and x pipe just if you are wondering and stock 02 sensors
Old 01-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Dynos use a wideband to assist in determining the adjustments necessary to achieve the target AFR. You'll get one or more plots of torque/HP/AFR vs. RPM. Make sure that the tuner doesn't lock the PCM, otherwise only he will be able to make future changes. Negotiate this first.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

ok so the dyno operator will have a widband to help in tunign the car thanks.. i didnt know if i needed to purchase one or not .but i will make sure to tell him not to lock my pcm thanks for shedding soem insight .like i said i have never been around or had any my cars dyno tuned so learn somthign new everyday
Old 01-27-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dyno will have a wideband. if it doesnt do not let them tune it. Tuning WOT is worthless without a wideband.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:05 PM
12 Second Club

ok thanks guy for your quick replys .i just didnt know nothign about dynos and how they tune.i will probaly go a shop call Horse power house in bowling green ky .some ppl on this board have seemed to have good luck with them so i will have to give thema shot