Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

opinions on my tranny, pics inside

Old 01-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default opinions on my tranny, pics inside

i was having some trouble shifting so i took my transmission out. occasionally i couldn't get into reverse or had a very hard time getting into reverse and third has popped out a time or two. sometimes it has to be forced into first gear as well. i thought that my synchros were worn but when i pulled the tranny out, i noticed that the throwout bearing has more free play than i'd like even though it only has 3k miles. i also managed to snap off the connection to the slave so i'll be getting a new one of those to fix that problem but now my question is, was it a poorly adjusted clutch/shifter or a transmission problem? can anyone tell me if they see anything that warrants a rebuild or will i have to take it further apart to tell?

Old 01-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Old 01-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Launching!

sorry this is so long. i started taking it apart and now i'm at the "oh ****, what have i done point" and i'd like advice before i go further
Old 01-28-2007, 05:44 AM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

The fact that you are having problems with nearly every gear, would make me think you have clutch issues, more so than a transmission problem.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

You need to look at the teeth inside of the slider hubs to see is they are bad. Can not tell from the pics. I would go ahead and reverse the reverve synco hub since you are in there. It may fix that gear.

Search this Thread