General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice

Well, I'm really looking to get an LS1 F-body. I have had my V6 for over a year and have enjoyed it, but I feel that it is time to upgrade and since I love f-bodies so much I figure why not to an LS1 . Well, my car has a flood title, so my options for a sale are limited. The only real option I have is trading it back into to the place I bought it at, which mainly has insurance loss vehicles. Well, chances have it they have a 2002 Trans Am WS6 M6. I have already looked at it and drove it and the car is not in perfect shape. It has a leak in the trunk and the traction control botton was ripped out(?). The exterior has some scratches and stuff, but will clean up okay. As for the title, well, it's bad (Salvage, Flood, Odometer rollback(?). BTW the car is from Louisiana, lol. I trust this place and the car is mechanically sound, just needs some TLC. They want $16,900, which is a little high for a car of the condition in my opinion. I don't want to insult them by making a horrible offer, but what do you guys think it's worth. I was thinking $12,000 at the most. Any input would help. And the only reason I consider this car is because I am assured a reasonable trade in for my insurance loss car. Sorry for the long post, but I need help. Also, when down shifting into first with an LS1, does it knock it out unless it's at a complete stop. I ask this, because when I test drove it, it kept kicking it out of first when downshifting for a stop. I was told that all sporty cars do this, it will only let you shift into first at a complete stop. Idk, my experience with a standard transmition is limited.

-Thanks
Old 01-28-2007, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Bad synchro, salvage title, leaks......you can pick up high mileage, clean title LS1 cars for as little as 5 or 6 thousand. Might not get a whole lot selling yours but I think you'd come out ahead (not to mention peace of mind) and have some money left over for mods.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say keep the V6 for a DD and find you a better deal. Because of the problems you mentioned with this one if something major goes wrong with it shortly after the purchase, then that's just the tip of the iceberg. If you are involved in a wreck you won't get the most you can for it because of it's title through insurance. The price on this one is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy to high for the condition(s). For that price, you can still find some with anywhere from 50k- 75k on the clock and be the 2nd or 3rd owner and have a much better car IMO.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Keep what ya got and save some cash so you can get a non-shitty LS1, it will be worth it in the end. Who knows what other problems will come about with a salvage/flood titled car.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Veteran

how many miles are on it, because with a flood, etc title it shouldnt be that high, i would say pass and find a better quality more miles LS1
Old 01-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
how many miles are on it, because with a flood, etc title it shouldnt be that high, i would say pass and find a better quality more miles LS1
44,298 miles