Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tach not working

Old 01-28-2007, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tach not working

Hi,
I installed a new LS2 into a 99 camaro. after that I found that the tach wasn't working. After cnnecting the computer to the OBDII port and seeing that it was reading the tach just fine, I started looking at the wireing. didn't fnd any problem. what should I like at next? all the other factor gages work fine. didn't fnd any fuses blown.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Al
Old 01-28-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are all the other gauges working? I thought the tach speed wsa part of the "serial stream" to the gauge cluster

though now that I think of it... there is a wire that is just tach... (#10 wire jumps to head... not sure which connector) ... you have to intercept it for a MSD window switch for example ...

I'm thinking it's probably a wiring issue... a couple years ago I had an intermitent tach problem... ended up being that the spot where I spliced years ago for an MSD window switch (long since removed) wasn't making a good connection ... I could log RPM via the DLC since that's only talking to the PCM... but the feed from the PCM to the tach was the problem
Old 01-28-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok... checked my tuningdocs directory (can't post a link since it's not something I designed and I don't have permission of author to post)

Pin 10 on the red connector, it's white... provides a tach signal ...
Old 01-28-2007, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by horist
are all the other gauges working? I thought the tach speed wsa part of the "serial stream" to the gauge cluster

though now that I think of it... there is a wire that is just tach... (#10 wire jumps to head... not sure which connector) ... you have to intercept it for a MSD window switch for example ...

I'm thinking it's probably a wiring issue... a couple years ago I had an intermitent tach problem... ended up being that the spot where I spliced years ago for an MSD window switch (long since removed) wasn't making a good connection ... I could log RPM via the DLC since that's only talking to the PCM... but the feed from the PCM to the tach was the problem

Yes All the other gages work. This car has ever had another tach installed. I can read the tach throught the ODBII using EFILive. does this have anything to do with the cam sensor? I have an issue with the cam sensor throwing errors and not reading properly.
Thanks
Al
Old 01-28-2007, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by horist
ok... checked my tuningdocs directory (can't post a link since it's not something I designed and I don't have permission of author to post)

Pin 10 on the red connector, it's white... provides a tach signal ...
Can you PM the link to me?
what red connector?
and what do you mean it's white?

Al
Old 01-29-2007, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

Ttt...

Search this Thread