Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69 Chevy W/ A 4.8 Liter Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 69 Chevy W/ A 4.8 Liter Need Help

Can Anyone Give Me Some Ideas On What I Will Be Looking At If I Do The Swap I Hava Very Healthy 4.8 Liter Out Of A 2000 Chevy P/u I Am Wanting To Put It In My 69 Chevy C10 Truck But I Am Wanting To Run My Th400 Tranny.
What Modifications Would I Need To Do I Am Not Running A/c I Know I Will Neet A Computer And Harness But Were Can I Go To Get Some Prices Any Info Would Really Help
Old 01-29-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talk to 68shortstep. Or look on page two for his build.

Ron
Old 01-29-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

pm me with any more questions and ill be glad to help,,,, also check out shiftys build page..... hes very thro...and has LOTS of good info explained about harnesses, exhaust manifold, motor mnts, steering columns, etc...
Old 01-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

I just did a 5.3l 1950 chevy truck swap with a th350 and no a/c. The a/c can simply be unbolted and the mounting bracket tken off. The separate small belt only runs the a/c so removing it won't affect anything. The th400 will work pretty easily. The bell housing is a direct fit but you use only 5 bolt (that's plenty strong). If you use the th400 converter, you can use the stock flexplate but need to file on the 3 bolt holes a little bit to perfectly line up with the converter bolts. IMPORTANT: the nose the the converter is too short to reach into the pilot on the carnkshaft so go to a chevy dealer and get the crankshaft spacer for a 6.0l truck engine with a 4l80e transmission. The spacer will go on the outside of the flexplate along with the 6 longer bolts that you will also have to get from the dealer. Put everything together and they will be connected. Also, have a tuning shop give the stock computer a manual trnsmission tune so it won't think that it has to electronically shift the trans. Lastly, the stock flexplate shield will fit on the trans but you have to cut it A LOT to clear the oil pan and starter.

Any other questions, feel free to ask. I just finished the swap so the details are fresh in my mind.
50chevy

Quick Reply: 69 Chevy W/ A 4.8 Liter Need Help