Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E no 1st or 4th gear. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E no 1st or 4th gear. HELP

Actually if you just start the car up and put it in drive or 1st it will go into first just fine & be strong in that gear, but just that one time unless I shut it off again. After I move the car just to the end of the street and out of first gear and into second, either by me shifting it or by it shifting on its own, it does not go back into first gear. It will take off in second..this will continue untill I stop the car, put it in park, shut it of, then restart it and it will then go into first gear..over and over again. Although im not sure if this will continue to work if the tranny is very warm. This transmission was rebuilt last year and has worked great up till this point. Fourth gear seems to be gone too unless it wants to be there. It usually does not work, it will just free rev. I did get it to go into fourth yesterday after I shut the key off and on a few times from a dead stop then got it to go into first and got on it hard. I have reset the computer and checked the fluids but im not sure how this tranny works. Today while drive it it seemed to be binding and slipping when I had it in first or fourth gear but if I put it into second or 3rd those gears would work perfect..Help!!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well it sounds like you may have multiple failures from what your saying the limp mode which I believe you are describing would indicate some electrical failure which should set a code , but the slipping in fourth would indicate a mechanical failure also,
You are in the market for a rebuild or a built transmission Im afraid ,
Let us know if we can help,

Call 888-744-6542

Quick Reply: 4L60E no 1st or 4th gear. HELP