Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Do i need a new clutch now or wait?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do i need a new clutch now or wait?

I have 40k miles on my car. Big cam, full boltons. Gonna be switching to 275 nittos in the rear. Basically. My clutch drives perfect on the street everyday driving. No slipping down low whatsoever. When i rip gears at wot at high rpms, the clutch doesnt grab, it fluctuates. It did this before the cam and now im revving high and making more power so it is worse. What do you say? I think i am gonna get my tires first and see how it reacts. I will either get an ls7 clutch or textralia single.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was in the same boat. My clutch was little worse. I just went with the textrailia single from ws6store(great shipping and service). I think the car will feel like a stronger with the clutch is doing better.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:10 AM
12 Second Club

Ya If Its Slipping Now You Misewell Get Prepared To Replace It. I Got A Ls7 Clutch I Cant Say Whether Is Great Or Not Cuz I Have Had I Think Master Cyl. Problems That Make The Pedal Stick To The Floor, But Im Sure It Would Be A Very Good Streetable Clutch.
I Think The Ls7 Clutch, And Ls2 Flywheel Was Only 5xx.00 Buxs From Fredbeans.com
You Will Prly Wnat To Buy A New Slave And Extended Bleeder While You Are At It.