Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mines leaking too

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mines leaking too

I just reading Automagicls1's post and I am having the same basic problem. I am a noob so when I lost 1st and 4th in august I took it to my local speed shop and they replaced my tranny and converter. My question is when I pulled off the cover from the converter and started it up, it looked like the fluid was flinging off the converter and I have not been able to locate the source. Are there any lines just above it that could be leaking? (can you tell I am doing some wishful thinking) or should I accept that it is the front seal? Second, should I have lost that seal in only four months? and last, what color is the stock converter on a 97 ta vert. The one in there is blue. and does not look like a new one. Thanks, lprachn

1997 LT1 Trans Am Convertable
K&N Intake
Underdrive pullies
Borla catback
Old 01-30-2007, 08:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well the GM converter is typically gray Blue could be several brans I know mamco used to be blue, But that would be hard to say. Now in automagics case he does not have lockup and hes overheating , but not leaking from front seal area but from vents etc , you it would seem have a front seal or the converter itself is leaking would sound more correct since you said its slinging off the converter , perhaps a crack or a poor weild

Call 888-744-6542