Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP headers install question

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP headers install question

Ok i've been reading the forum and a lot of people are saying to jack up the front of the car usings jack stands. My buddy has two Ibeams supported by a steel frame that we use to change our oil on. Now when i pull my car onto the Ibeams my car is high enough in the air for me to walk under, and look at the bottom of my car standing on my feet. Is it possible for me to change the headers like this, or do i need to jack the front of the car up in the air for a paticular reason? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

hell no .the higer up the better. **** i wish i had something i could walk under my car with. id be in heaven.

edit: just make sure you can reach things when you need to bolt things back up.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NiCks Ws6
hell no .the higer up the better. **** i wish i had something i could walk under my car with. id be in heaven.

edit: just make sure you can reach things when you need to bolt things back up.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:23 AM
TECH Addict

the problem with the qtps if alot of people don't get their car up high enough and the driver side needs to be almost vertical to go in.it would be great to have your car as high as you describe but once you have them in you will need to go in from the top to put the gaskets on and tighten them up. is it fairly easy to get the car on and off the i beams ?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

You really don't have to have the car high enough to fit the DS header verticle if you start the install with the HVMC end pointing toward the front of the vehicle. Then place the head/header interface end up towards the opening while you piviot/rotate the HVMC end gradually towards the rear as you continually lift the header up into place. It will slide in pretty easily this way.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

yeah i can get the car on and off the ibeams pretty easy. not only that but he has a platform built around the ibeams where you can walk the car. so the way i figure i can start to put the headers in and he can guide it from the top. i believe all will work out good