Hey Married Members, How did you propose?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Married Members, How did you propose?

Just curious if anyone had any good stories about how they proposed or in some cases proposed to. btw, looking at the pregnancy test then saying "well this is it " doesn't count.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

In the same boat bro. Me and my girl been 2gethr 7+ yrs and we expecting our first kid late june/early july. I plan 2 ask her to marry me on valentines day but not sure where to ask her at? new some opinions myself!

good luck, tho!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Proposed to my wife on the beach under the moon light.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Nail2002
Just curious if anyone had any good stories about how they proposed or in some cases proposed to. btw, looking at the pregnancy test then saying "well this is it " doesn't count.
Just out of curiosity, how long have ya'll been together?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

Well, you got me bro because i got her pregnant and said "well lets get married". But anyways I still got her a beautiful diamond ring that made up for it. And now we have been married for two years. In my opinion you should do it in a unexpected place but make sure its romantic.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:15 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Dont wana talk about it...
Old 01-30-2007, 10:16 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did it in a hot tub on the day before Valentines 2004. Asked her if she wanted a glass of champagne or wine, and went in side. Tied the ring to the glass brought both glasses out, and she heard the ring hit the glass and we have been happy ever since. I also had towels with a monogram stich of what her future initials would be for when we got out of the hot tub. I think it worked pretty good. She cried for 5 minutes in joy, and then called everyone in her phone 3 times a piece to tell them.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:18 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Dont wana talk about it...
Then why did you post?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Then why did you post?

I was wondering the same thing.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by joeformula
Just out of curiosity, how long have ya'll been together?
Almost three and half years. We don't plan on getting married for another 2.5-3 years b/c school ect, so I've got some time to plan. We've agreed on this time table so I figured I've got to do something special since I'm making her wait.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

maybe she didn't want to married him
Old 01-30-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

back seat of my then new 97 ss
Old 01-30-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Then why did you post?
Apophasis.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:31 AM
FormerVendor

Well im not married yet but I will tell you how I did it, This way you will know not how to do it. 11 years ago... I was 19 years old. I knew I had found the girl for me. After alittle thought I went to a jewelry store and bought the ring I would use to propose with. The next weekend I took her out for a nice dinner then we went down to the suspesion bridge here in Waco. Waco does not have much to look at other than the suspension bridge. It is really nice looking at night though.
Like an idiot I had the entire ring box in my pocket. I was so nervous.. I think she had already put two and two together and was ready to run.lol WE walked across the lighted suspension bridge to a area where no one was. I fighted with my pants pockets to get this ring box out while still trying to look cool. After getting the ring out of the box I got down on one knee and poped the question. However I almost droped the ring through the wooden planks in the floor. I was shaking so bad that I could not put it on her finger. I had to just hand it to her.

We have now been together for 12 years and I proposed 11 years ago. Still not married.lol However we will finnaly be getting married this year.

I myself would like to treat her to a time somewhere to repop the question. Even though I already know the answer since we are getting married this year I think she deserves more of a romantic special night.

Put alot of thought into it. Wait for the right time because it is a memory that will last both of you a lifetime.
Dave
Old 01-31-2007, 12:48 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Man, that is a looooong engagement Dave!
Old 01-31-2007, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Well im not married yet but I will tell you how I did it, This way you will know not how to do it. 11 years ago... I was 19 years old. I knew I had found the girl for me. After alittle thought I went to a jewelry store and bought the ring I would use to propose with. The next weekend I took her out for a nice dinner then we went down to the suspesion bridge here in Waco. Waco does not have much to look at other than the suspension bridge. It is really nice looking at night though.
Like an idiot I had the entire ring box in my pocket. I was so nervous.. I think she had already put two and two together and was ready to run.lol WE walked across the lighted suspension bridge to a area where no one was. I fighted with my pants pockets to get this ring box out while still trying to look cool. After getting the ring out of the box I got down on one knee and poped the question. However I almost droped the ring through the wooden planks in the floor. I was shaking so bad that I could not put it on her finger. I had to just hand it to her.

We have now been together for 12 years and I proposed 11 years ago. Still not married.lol However we will finnaly be getting married this year.

I myself would like to treat her to a time somewhere to repop the question. Even though I already know the answer since we are getting married this year I think she deserves more of a romantic special night.

Put alot of thought into it. Wait for the right time because it is a memory that will last both of you a lifetime.
Dave
Thanks, Dave.

And for starting Wendy's, too.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Thumbs up

Dave you win the longest engagement in the history of mankind award! Congrats!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

I threatend my fiancee I'd kill him if he proposed to me infront of a bunch of people in a public place. So, he did it unexpectedly infront of his whole family who didn't realize what was going on. He was so nervous he pretended to look for cookies in his sister in-laws kitchen. While his mother was trying to hand him cookies he was proposing. His 7 year old brother then yells, "You're hooked up!" Everyone just stared at him till they seen me cry and flash the ring.

His brother proposed to his wife kind of like orangeapeel. He took her out to a restaurant where he had tied the ring to a few dozen roses. He had their waiter bring the flowers out. She isn't a real bright person so she just smiled, sat the flowers to the side, and said thank you. So, he had to take the rose with the ring on it out and get on his knee. He is now married to Jessica Simpson without the looks or fame.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

I took her to God's Campus (over a holiday weekend) and proposed under the Century Tree. Fortunately she still said yes.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

Alex asked me to marry him over a shrimp dinner. Then we exchanged lowering springs instead of the "Ring" it has ring in it. LOL I mean our love for the car is what bought us together.

April