Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Exhaust, Pacesetters, Custom Y...??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Exhaust, Pacesetters, Custom Y...??

i have a 98 camaro ss and want to put pacesetters headaers on it with a custom made y-pipe. since i like the current sound (altough my car has single outlet ) is it possible to use this exhaust with pacesetters Lt and y-pipe? or what do you think will give me the same sound as i have now?? or is it possible to use current one with double outlet by doing some work on it?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:30 AM
Banned

What do you have on there now? Adding headers is going to louden and deepen the sound of the exhaust. It's not going to sound the same as a stock-header configuration.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Launching!

i know but i have listened the borla, pacestter lt's combination and didnt like the sound much. (thanks for quick reply) btw, everything is stock now...
Old 01-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Banned

So what exactly are you trying to find out? Yes, it's going to sound different. As to whether or not the borla will sound good with pacesetters, check ls1sounds.com for borla combinations, that's a personal preference. Since everything is stock, you can get whatever you want, you don't necessarily have to go with borla. Pacesetter LTs with ORY and Magnaflow catback exhaust is a good combination too. If you want to stay with your stock exhaust, you can do that also, but you are going to be leaving some horsepower on the table, as the stock exhaust is not as free-flowing as an aftermarket exhaust.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Launching!

is any of our sponsors selling ory?
Old 01-31-2007, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

you can get one made by pacesetter to match your headers.if you like your stock catback just install a cutout.yes your stock catback will work
Old 02-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by torlak_t
is any of our sponsors selling ory?
Most companies that offer headers offer some type of ORY. I.e., kooks, pacesetter, QTP, TSP... Check with any of the sponsers that carry Long Tube Headers ---------------------------------------------------->