General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Removing driver's seat belt at the bottom, question about the plastic cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 02:25 PM
Syn
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing driver's seat belt at the bottom, question about the plastic cover

I need to remove my driver's side seat belt at the bottom to pull my busted seat belt loop out and slide the new one in (the part that attaches to the headrest). At the bottom of the belt there's a plastic cover with a big X on it that looks like it should just unscrew but so far I've had no luck. Does that plastic cover actually unscrew or do I have to pop it out? I didn't want to do break something before asking here. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I had to do this recently too. The cap with the X has on thread that snaps into the end of the seat belt, you pretty much have to pry one edge up and then turn it with a big flat head screw driver to un screw/ get it out, once its off youll see how it works.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Teching In

yeah, like a half-turn while prying up on it.

It is not threaded.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Syn
On The Tree

Ok, I've tried and tried, and the only thing I have done is start to strip out that little piece of plastic crap! How far up do I have to pry on it? I pried up as far as it would go and tried turning it but it didn't budge.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a big flat head and get under it and pull up so you can grab it with your hand then turn with your hand. If that does not work pull it up in another spot and turn this will keep you from messing up the plastic.