Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reseting predator

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Reseting predator

I've got a predator that I don't use and want to sell. How do I get it unlocked from my vin. I did a search and some say all you have to do is restore your car to the stock tune while others say you must restore to stock tune and send it back to diablosport to reset it. Anyone have a crystal clear answer on this?

Thanks
Jon
Old 01-31-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the Predator has a newer revision on it, reading 'Predator version 2.10' or higher, then it will automatically unlock itself when restoring the backup.
If the tool displays an older revision (1.03) then it will need to be reset at Diablosport. If you are the original owner of the tool and can provide proof of purchase, the reset and update cost nothing, if no reciept, there is a $99 charge for the service.
You can see the revision displayed in the top line of the Predator once it is fully booted up.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok I have the 1.03 version so it will need to be sent back. By chance do or can they upgrade my 1.03 version to the 2.10 or higher when sent back?
Old 02-01-2007, 10:12 AM
On the tree

That is what he is saying Jon. If you are the original owner an have the receipt they will do the upgrade/reset for free. If you are not the original owner they are going to charge you $99 to reset/upgrade the firmware in the Predator.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Launching!

This is great customer service by Diablo to provide the fee upgrade simply for the cost of shipping the unit to their facility.

And if you are like me who couldn't find my original receipt, don't fret, you still might be in luck.

I had bought mine from Tom Byrne and I sent them an email with my name and address and asked if they had a record of my purchase. This was about 2 years after buying the unit. They sent me a pdf of my original bill of sale which I then forwarded to Diablo with the unit for upgrade.

Great customer service on both parts.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beaSSt
This is great customer service by Diablo to provide the fee upgrade simply for the cost of shipping the unit to their facility.

And if you are like me who couldn't find my original receipt, don't fret, you still might be in luck.

I had bought mine from Tom Byrne and I sent them an email with my name and address and asked if they had a record of my purchase. This was about 2 years after buying the unit. They sent me a pdf of my original bill of sale which I then forwarded to Diablo with the unit for upgrade.

Great customer service on both parts.
Thanks for the kind words...we try to keep everyone happy!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

What do I need to do in order to send my predator in to get it reflashed? Do I just mail it in or do I need to contract diablosport first?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

you'll need to contact Diablo first in order to get an RMA number...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-02-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeremy341a
What do I need to do in order to send my predator in to get it reflashed? Do I just mail it in or do I need to contract diablosport first?
^^Like he said...561-908-0040