PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can HP Tuners modify an LS1 Edit tune?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 11:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can HP Tuners modify an LS1 Edit tune?

The couple threads I found in search say it is possible to change an LS1 Edit tune using HP Tuners. However, the shop that did my original tuning using LS1 Edit has since switched to HP Tuners and they say they can't - are they flat BS'ing me?

I changed gear ratio's and just need that adjusted and they say that they can't change just that one thing - they would have to completely re-tune the car using HP Tuners. They also say they need $100 to do it (which sounds high for a gear change and low for a complete, dyno re-tune).

I have a full tune with so many things changed I wouldn't remember them all (A/FR, KR, timing, fans, shift points, RPM limits, MAF tables, shift firmness, !O2 sensors, Etc.). I really don't want to go through this all again (not to mention the cost for something so simple)!

Thanks,

Steve
Old 01-31-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they should be able to read your current tune (what's in the PCM) with HP Tuners and then make changes to that tune

They won't be able to use their saved .ls1 file to make changes however

all they would need to do is read your PCM , and change the gear ratio... then reflash ... under 2 minutes to read your current tune.... under a minute to change gearing... 30 seconds to flash the calibration back (or 2 minutes to flash the entire PCM)
Old 01-31-2007, 11:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've changed a couple of previously "locked" ls1edit tunes just fine with our software...read the pcm, edited like normal & loaded like normal without a hitch.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yup. HPT reads LS1 Edit tunes, locked or otherwise. Unfortunately, EFI and HPT aren't interchangable UNLESS they flash back stock base GM operating systems (no custom OSs and not locked)
Old 02-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the replies. Anyone else know for sure one way or the other before I call them back and ask them why they are lying to me?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 02-01-2007, 11:51 PM
11 Second Club

If Horist & foff667 reckon its possible it would be good enough for me.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by schultzsj
Thanks for the replies. Anyone else know for sure one way or the other before I call them back and ask them why they are lying to me?

Thanks,

Steve
I know for sure it will, because my car was tuned with LS1 Edit before I bought HP Tuners and I had no problem what so ever.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

If you know the changes you want, go to the HPT forum, post your location, and ask a user over there to do it for you. Might cost you a beer, or $50 if he/she needs to licence your vehicle to his hardware.

Quick Reply: Can HP Tuners modify an LS1 Edit tune?