Opinions about Motorola Q

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions about Motorola Q

Thinking about getting Verizon's Motorola Q phone. Anybody have/had one who care to share their opinions? I'd be using it obviously to make and recieve calls. But also keep track of appointments, and check online orders (have my own business where all purchases are made online). I've heard they have a really shitty battery life. I guess thats something that'd keep me from getting one. Charging it at night isnt a big deal, but I dont always make it home hahah, so I'd need a 2 day charge obviously
Old 02-02-2007, 07:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i asked my buddy whos in construction(you know he uses it) he said buying that phone what the best thing he ever did.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a Q now, I used to have a Treo 650. Honestly I liked the 650 better, probably should have got the Treo 700. The Q doesnt have a touch screen and navigating though it is hard, plus its a slow *** phone. If you have music playing or something using alot of RAM, and someone calls, you'll end up missing the call because the phone cant transfer over fast enough. Picture quality is pretty good though, and the sound is outstanding. Its loud also- I usually keep it in my office and can hear it ring out in my shop, even when we're running air tools or listening to the radio.
Im not to fond of the buttons either, some are really sensitive, and other you have to jam with your fingers to work properly
Old 02-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

I have one and my battery life is kind of crappy. It won't last 24hrs if I talk or text much. The ringer is quite loud as mentioned which can be nice if your car is loud. The screen is very bright and clear but shiny and prone to being oily/dirty from fingers or face touching it. My buttons work fine, it takes good pictures, I do an asspot of texting so it is handy for that. All in all I like it but I think I'd get a Treo next time. Just my .02
Old 02-02-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the phone but as mentioned above the battery life is short.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think short battery life is relevant with all smartphones. My Treo's battery life was even worse than my Q. The other thing I dislike about the Q is the lack of phone cases. I bought the one from Verizon and its way too tight for the phone, and i found another one at Lowes, which was meant to hold the Q, BlackJack and Treo phones, and its a pain in the *** to open.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

You should check out a blackberry. They have longer battery life than a Q and also the opperating system on the blackberry is a hell of a lot more stable than windows mobile. Windows mobile just plan sucks IMHO.

Do some reasearch on both phones to make your choice. The windows mobile phones are more for the casual user that wants to listen to MP3s and play games, the blackberries are more for the business user who wants reliability.

My .2 cents
Old 02-02-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hebdog7
You should check out a blackberry. They have longer battery life than a Q and also the opperating system on the blackberry is a hell of a lot more stable than windows mobile. Windows mobile just plan sucks IMHO.

Do some reasearch on both phones to make your choice. The windows mobile phones are more for the casual user that wants to listen to MP3s and play games, the blackberries are more for the business user who wants reliability.

My .2 cents
Forgot about that.. Yea, the Blackberry and Treo can both be used with a Windows OS or Palm OS. Windows allows you to run the same programs as on your PC, whereas Palm has its own programs
Old 02-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

I have a Razr now so I'm used to the screen being really sensitive to oil/fingers. Loud ringer is a plus, and the touchscreen doesnt matter. I messed around with one at the store a couple days ago and didnt have a problem with navigating. The real attraction for me is being able to use the internet, and still have a fairly small(mainly thin) phone. I cant stand having a brick in my pocket. I'll see if I cant get a couple more opinions but I'm pretty well sold. The battery deal will be ok as long as I can get 5-6 hours worth of solid use. I'll just pick up a car charger for it
Old 02-02-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

i like my treo 700w over the 2 previously owned Q's. although the Q's battery lastyed a little while longer, every other aspect, the Treo was better. Using bluetooth helps conserve battery life on my treo, i usually have the phone "go to sleep" while im using the bluetooth headset.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Ginger Hater

when my contract was ending with verizon, i started looking everywhere for a phone...cingular/t-mobile/sprint....every company has the treo...it was just too big for me.....Cingulars 8125 the one that slides and has a touch screen interested me....it seemed like a good phone....the reason i settled for a Q was the price i got for it and its abilities.....I'm not gonna be tracking shipments across the US or worrying about where someone is at...i just needed something that would help me be organized and get e-mail away from the computer.....There's been a couple times when the Q would slow way down, but i haven't had any problems with battery life or it glitching.....which is what i was afraid of when i was looking at the phone....the sales guy said it would only last 12 hours.....its lasted 24+hours and then some.....and i've never had a glitch or a system error....that was the second thing i was afraid of....all and all its a good phone, i'm happy with it....just take care of it and it will last a while.