Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

I got screwed by scottywheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 02:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post I got screwed by scottywheels

Well here is the story, I bought an ls1 longblock(eagle rods,diamond pistons,nitrided crank,g5x3,brand new cnc'd heads) from scott about a year and a half ago,the motor was previously in his red ta..the deal was that he was going to have it freshened up and have the pistons flycut to lower compression so I can run it on the street. I gave Scott $4500.00 for the long block and an ls6 intake, after 8-10 months of waiting for it to be brought to the machine shop I ended up taking it from the shop where it was sitting, Scott told me to bring it to his house and he would take it down and I would have it in a few weeks...this was in august of last year. So 3 months go by and no word from Scott I tried calling numerous times with no answer I left atleast 10 voicemails and not one returned call from Scott, it finally came down to calling him out in a thread here on ls1tech..did he respond? sure did but in a PM. He told me that my motor was going to the machine shop that week and he was waiting on someone to givie him a hand,and he was dealing with some personal issues, I was understanding but told him to just let me know whats going on. So now 2 more months go by and still no motor and once again no answer from Scott, finally he text messages me "your motor is at the shop, comp ratio is 10.9 and it will be done on friday, the day before it was supposed to be all set I happened to be driving by his house so I took a peek in his garage and what do I see but my motor exactly where I left it in august. I came back later that night took the motor and brought it to the shop myself. I was pretty pissed off at that point but it wasnt until today when I stopped by the machine shop and realized that what I paid $4500 for was basically a stock shortblock and some ported ls1 heads...it has stock rods,ross pistons,stock crank, a g5x2 cam. I paid 4500.00 for a bunch of lies plus now I'm stuck paying for machining and headgaskets... another atleast $600.............thanks alot Scott what a true friend you are
Eric
Old 02-02-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As they say, there are 2 sides to every story. Let's let Scotty speak his side of the story...
Old 02-02-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow this is F**ked up . I am moving this to the member feedback section.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

...provided its as bad as the story sounds so far...we'll see how it goes when he responds...

Last edited by GEARHED; 02-03-2007 at 04:02 AM.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:27 AM
12 Second Club

yea it is as bad as it sounds....I would love for Scott to respond to this..please do
Eric
Old 02-03-2007, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

ya know I really would like to lay the dude out seeing that we've been pretty good friends for about 7 years or so I thought but hes in a wheelchair and would be so wrong...I really think he uses his handicap to his advantage to screw people over like myself and get away with it...come on scotty where is your side of this fucked up story
Eric
Old 02-03-2007, 02:49 PM
8 Second Club

Default scotty

Originally Posted by TNTramair
nah...this would defenitly call for a 2x4 to the back of the head...much more efficient...
for what its worth,Scott told me about this guy a while ago.He said that Eric stilled owed him money and he wasn't going to bring the motor to the machine shop until he was paid.
As for the parts in the motor,your full of **** because it had EAGLE rods in it.East Side originally built the motor and they use Diamond pistons,and even if it did have Ross pistons they were practically new.Scott wouldn't know the difference between a stock or a forged motor,and I've seen the motor and there wasn't anything stock about it.
The heads that were on the motor are stock casting heads that were sent to CNC in FLA and ported and decked,thats why Scott told you should run thicker head gaskets or cut the pistons if you wanted to run pump gas.

Scott doesn't come on this board much any more,but I'm sure he will be on here soon giving his side.
And for those who don't know Scott , he is paralized from the chest down.So before you want to beat him with a 2X4 listen to his story.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:05 PM
12 Second Club

actually the motor was built by a local machine shop for eastside..the rods and pistons were in my hand yesterday. they are STOCK RODS AND ROSS PISTONS..so scotty wouldnt know the difference between a set of stockers or forged eagle rods even if they were in his motor that from what you say eastside built and from what i remember scott worked for you guys. ok so if didnt know the diff I'm sure he could ask and find out seeing that he worked for the people that built it...I'm waving the BS flag on that one.....as for owing him money thats bullshit I paid that kid cash but yea im the stupid one for not getting a reciept,if I owed him money then why did he avoid me for so long..double fisted BS flags... seriously gary I think its in your best interest to not get involved in scottys **** ups..I know your buddys with the kid and your trying to come to his defense but let him do it for himself...I know he comes on here quite often well maybe its only to brag about his escalade
Eric

Last edited by ws6on19s; 02-06-2007 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:09 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ws6on19s
I happened to be driving by his house so I took a peek in his garage and what do I see but my motor exactly where I left it in august. I came back later that night took the motor and brought it to the shop myself.
Eric
One more thing.Your pretty lucky you didn't break into someone elses garage,because that could get you SHOT!Your also lucky he didn't call the police on you for breaking in his garage and stealing the motor.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

yea i stole my own property..good one man
Old 02-03-2007, 03:14 PM
12 Second Club

gary if i stole the motor then why havent i heard anything from scott
Old 02-03-2007, 03:15 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
Well, Eric says that he gave Scott $4500 up front for the longblock and a LS6 intake....so what do you mean about him still owing Scotty money, sonic? You talking for him, or is he going to respond? $4500 up front and he's still done nothing for the guy but give excuses since August?? Nice. WJ
He made payments on the motor.He never gave him all the money up front!!
tell the real story Eric.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:18 PM
8 Second Club

gary if i stole the motor then why havent i heard anything from scott
I just spoke with him and this is the first he's heard of all this.
yes it is your motor,but doesn't give you the right to go in someone garage and take it.What else did you take?
Old 02-03-2007, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

yea a couple payments..thousands at a time and he was paid in less then 2 months..that was over a 18 months ago...man scott must be sitting on your lap spoon feeding you bs lies like he did to me if your coming up with this false info so quick
Old 02-03-2007, 03:25 PM
8 Second Club

yea a couple payments..thousands at a time and he was paid in less then 2 months..that was over a 18 months ago...man scott must be sitting on your lap spoon feeding you bs lies like he did to me if your coming up with this false info so quick
I heard the whole story months ago.He should of let you take the motor and you could of figured out a way to lower the compression.You bought the motor because it ran well in his car,then you wanted it to run on pump gas.true or false
Old 02-03-2007, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

i bought the motor because it was stuffed full of good parts..i knew it wouldnt run on pump gas, the deal was that he was going to pay to have the pistons flycut, and new rings head gaskets etc etc.. this was included in the 4500.00 but was never done or never even attempted to have done...i taked to the machine shop on a friday brought it down on a tuesday and it will be ready next week...2 week turn around, it was that easy, but now im down about $600-700
Old 02-03-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sonic snake
Who are you?Do you evr know Scott?Did you ever see the motor?STFO!!
sonic, last I heard this was a public forum. Until someone tells me to stop posting, I'm siding w/ Eric, until it's straightened out. I am a hater of dis-honest people--that's who I am. So, **** off... WJ
Old 02-03-2007, 03:48 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
sonic, last I heard this was a public forum. Until someone tells me to stop posting, I'm siding w/ Eric, until it's straightened out. I am a hater of dis-honest people--that's who I am. So, **** off... WJ
this is a public forum and your welcome to your opinion,but for now its a one -sided story.You've already given your 2 cents move on.

Last edited by sonic snake; 02-05-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sonic snake
this is a public forum and you welcome to your opinion,but for now its a one -sided story.You've already given your 2 cents move on.
sonic, I don't take orders from you, so like I said --**** off. Many here, including ADMIN, are waiting for Scott's reply....and you've also given more than 2 cents worth....Let him speak --not you. WJ
Old 02-03-2007, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

one thing i would lke to clear up..i didnt "break into" anyones garage...both doors were wide open and you could see the heads and short block from the street..im suprised nobody else took it

Quick Reply: I got screwed by scottywheels