Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

datsbad -- bad seller: In Resolution

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post datsbad -- bad seller: In Resolution

first off, originally I was going to buy some PRC springs and retainers from him, called dibs, sent payment, he tells me he's going to get them out to me.

I believe I paid on the 10th of Jan, expecting them to arrive sat the 13th or so. nope. nothing, no reply to PMs, etc.

finally gets back to me on the 18th, claiming that he sold them twice and somehow didn't notice the extra money in his paypal, wtf???

He says he's going to refund me, but the funds take till the 23rd or 24th to show up. He claims on the 18th he has some Comp 918 springs that I needed as well. I told him I'd wait till I got the refund to send payment. the moment it went thru on paypal, i sent the money back to him for the 918's. That was on the 24th, he claimed he'd ship by the 25th at the latest. Knowing USPS takes a max of 4 days, but only about 2 to where he's from to where I am, I expect them by last weekend, nope.

I've sent him multiple e-mails and a PM, and i'm getting no replies, no tracking number, not telling me anything has been shipped. I know he read his PMs, as it shows if they are getting read.

Now my LS2 rebuild has been on hold for an extra THREE weeks due to this guy continuously boning me. It wouldn't be a big deal, but my effin' GTO is my only car.

Either a scammer or a total a-hole. who raises these people???

don't buy **** from him. You'll get boned too.

Original thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/637945-tr-224-cam-valve-springs.html

Last edited by FastPacedGTO; 02-02-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Veteran

File a claim with paypal.

I am not sure why you continued to do any business with him after the first "miscommunication"?????????????
Old 02-02-2007, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

I gave him the benifit of the doubt. I will be filing if I don't see something soon. Just giving others a heads up, after all, this is what this forum is for.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So what your saying is... I wont be finishing your motor this weekend either?? LOL its only Feb... Oh well.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FastPacedGTO
I gave him the benifit of the doubt. I will be filing if I don't see something soon. Just giving others a heads up, after all, this is what this forum is for.
Since I don't know the exact dates, you have 45 days to file a claim with paypal or they will not act on your behalf
Old 02-02-2007, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

last payment sent the 24th
Old 02-02-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Veteran

I wouldn't wait on this if he has not communicated back with you. File the claim. Seems to get their attention rather quickly.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

well he logged on tonight...
Old 02-03-2007, 09:27 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah I logged on , Dude I openly admitted that somehow 2 people paid me at the same time for the 1st set of springs, I did not catch it till a couple days later . I came to you and apologized up and down (I can post all of our PM's)

You said it was cool and I said I would cut you a deal on another set of springs for my mistake. That night I sent you money back . I have no control over how long a refund takes through paypal . I even emailed you first to see if the money went through to make sure you did not get screwed.
At that point you asked about the springs I gave you a deal on , I did not have the chance to respond to you , so I am telling you now they were sent on friday (yesterday). You will have them there.

AND for saying you sent me mulitple PM's and emails I have everyone you sent . NO EMAILS, I emailed you to check to see if you got the 150 back .

AND 1 PM to check which I responded.
I have never screwed no one on any parts and wont start now on some cheap as $50 springs.

I have excellent rating on ebay and with my customers.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

so you said on wed the 24th, you'd get them sent out the next day the (25th) and now say you waited 8 days till the 2nd to ship them??

wouldn't you be kinda pissed?? I'm sorry for going to this extent, but I've been screwed before, and hell that was a company, Digital Horsepower for a near $400 custom tuned PCM, and I didn't want to get burned again.

My car has basically been on hold for three weeks on this, and i'm sure my builder wants my LS2 out of his posession.

Hey if it all works out fine, then I retract. Stuff like this is time sensitive, you can't wait a week to send stuff after you state it'll be out the next day, and expect the buyer to be all happy, no matter what it is.

Even worse I saw that you'd been logged on here on and off, so i know you didn't die in a fatal car accident, and therefore I wouldn't be getting the parts.

Don't know why you waited days to reply to PMs though.

This can be rectified as soon as the stuff is recieved. Thank you.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:38 PM
9 Second Club

Again my appologies, You will be happy in a few days, Thanks again.

When you get them and your all happy and all , please come and tell .
Old 02-03-2007, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by datsbad
Again my appologies, You will be happy in a few days, Thanks again.

When you get them and your all happy and all , please come and tell .
absolutely
Old 02-09-2007, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

this has been resolved. please flip his trader rating to a +1 too..

Thank you all for support, and datsbad for coming thru in an awesome way.