Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What clutch with a turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 07:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What clutch with a turbo?

So a TRT stage 3 turbo and one of their cams is going on in a few months and I know that I need a clutch. Not that mine is bad but Billy at TRT told me that he did an install on a car with the same set up and saw 506 RWHP. So I'm thinking about 600 HP at the flywheel. Stock wont cut it for long. Also when I replace the clutch the flywheel is going too.

So what do I need? Do I need a new throw out bearing? New flywheel bolts?What have you guys used? Any brands or models to stay away from? Best place to get it from?

I need some advice.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is no throwout bearing for our setups, its part of the slave cylinder, im running the ls7 setup right now but that was already maxed from my previous setup, I will have to upgrade this year. a lot of people that go to EPP get the spec 3+ kit, I believe its rated near 900 ft/lbs and still maintains good street manors. I think it sells for around 520 then you will need a new flywheel also for around 150 or so. I havent done any price matching yet because im busy selling my house to finance my new motor (HA HA!!!) so I would check all our sponsors sites here. I know from personal experiance that Bob at EPP is awsome to deal with and one of the most trusted and reputable sponsors on this site. I would also put in a new piolet bearing, there only about 9 bucks
Old 02-04-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wrong forum, you should check in the manual trans section.

Anyway, for that power you could go SPEC, textralia, mccleod, ram, etc. Just about all of them have a clutch to handle 600 fwhp. I have the tex myself.