Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Draglite runout?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Draglite runout?

Has anyone checked the runout of there draglite's? I was working on my front calipers today. When I got the first one done I put the wheel on and spun it by hand. There must be close to 1/4 inch of runout. The hub's runout is fine, and I know the wheel was sitting flush. The wheels are brand new, I haven't even put the tires on them yet. For the hell of it I put the wheel on a balancer, and the same thing. I checked the other wheel on the car, and on the balancer. The same thing, but not as bad. I didn't bother to get the actual measurments though. Visually you can tell there is a problem. I didn't have the rears with me to check.
My question is, is this normal? I don't want to waste my time sending them back to get new ones that are in the same shape. I had this same problem several years ago with centerline. The replacement's they sent me were worse then the originals. Because of that I've stayed away from aftermarket wheels. I'm used to factory wheels with no runout to speak of. Weld advertised blueprint quality runout tolerances. I hope the ste I have are defective.