General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help With Battery

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Battery

My 02 Z28 Has Been Running Good Until My Acdelco Battery Leaked Acid 5 Days Ago And Now I Gotta Jump The Battery Everyday, I Took It To Autozone And The Employee Said That My Cell Count Was 9.5..and That The Minimum Its Supposed To Be Is 11.5, So Now Im Stuck On Buying A New Battery For My Car ? I Dont Want To Buy The Autozone Battery ....duralast . I Want An Acdelco And I Could Only Buy It At A Dealership And Thats Too Far Away. Need Advice...do Yall Recommend Duralast Or Should I Get Something Better?
Old 02-05-2007, 07:39 AM
On the tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me personally will never run a DElco ever again unless it comes with the car from the factory. Mine did the same thing. Ran fine for 3 years then I didnt drive the car for 3 weeks and the battery was dead and the post leaked acid down the side of the dang front sub frame.

I personally went out and bought a Optima red top. They are pricey but worth every penny and dont have the issues that the delco and most other side mounts have with leaking acid.

There are only about 2 or 3 battery manufactures in the US that make a majority of the batteries, so even though it may say duralast it could be the same battery as a Delco.

If you can afford to spend the money get the Optima. They have a 72 month warranty, first 3 year is full replacement and the last 3 years is prorated. I lost a cell in mine right at the 3 year mark, sears replaced it no charge without no complaints.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay a way from the Delco. Mine did the same thing leaked acid out of the positive post. Made a big mess, do yourself a favor and get a Optima. IMO it is the best battery out there.

Make sure to clean up all of the old acid from the delco puker. Or you will have some serious rust issues down the road. When mine went, ended up replacing battery cable, pulling battery tray-resv. Clean prim, paint that area of the engine bay.

Have seen other cars that had the same problem, with no or poor cleaning and you can see the damage the was caused.