Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stainless works headers (From Sticky Section)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 02:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stainless works headers (From Sticky Section)

leonpiper69: they fit great but almost 3 months to get (i hate when summit lies about how long stuff will take), what ya think?

I was just about to order a set of these. Summit told me that for an extra 10 or 15 bucks they would be drop shipped from Stainless Works and I would receive them within one week(Texas). They said if you order these online they will not be drop shipped, you have to call the order in. Although, If you buy them from SW, expect to pay over $100 more than summit.

I was about to buy the Hookers but changed my mind after I came across the SW on summits site.
The difference:
SW are about $40 more expensive- Hookers are 18g primaires, SW's are 16g- Hookers have 5/16 head flange, SW's is 3/8 -You can get hookers w/ceramic coating, SW's are 304 stainless- SW sells a set for rack or box steering- coatings on headers almost never last over a few years and then start to rust, stainless will only blue and that can be removed with polish.

P.S. pics are from the sticky section(leonpiper69's car)

ChrisP
Attached Thumbnails stainless works headers (From Sticky Section)-stw-cals1_w-1-.jpg   stainless works headers (From Sticky Section)-drvrhdr-1-.jpg  
Old 02-06-2007, 06:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What mounts is LemonP running, it's a hit and miss with mounts, I don't think you can run the SW headers and ATS mounts, it all depends on engine placement, and one more thing, he dosen't have the steering box installed,
Old 02-06-2007, 06:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

LP what SW's are you running and mounts?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 those are really nice headers. I coulda swore that someone said they wouldnt fit with ATS plates. Im pretty sure they were designed around BRP mounts.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the sw headers with the s&p mounts, so the engine is vary close to the firewall. if i had to move the engine the other way 1 or 2 inches, there is no way they would fit. would hit the steering box for sure mike
Old 02-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Have the same questions:
Does anyone know if they fit with ATS mounts?
Are there O2 bungs welded in?
Do they clear P/S box and rag joint?

They look very good.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fbwright
Do they clear P/S box and rag joint?
Found this out the hard way, they do clear the P/S box but did NOT clear the rag joint.

I'm running S&P plates BTW.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

Originally Posted by Rybar
Found this out the hard way, they do clear the P/S box but did NOT clear the rag joint.

I'm running S&P plates BTW.
Nice pics...love Locarno Beach...great spot for pics...... RYBAR--[do you ever go to the Java Hut in Langley .???]

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 02-06-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ry got any new pics of the P/S side????
Old 02-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Nice pics...love Locarno Beach...great spot for pics...... RYBAR--[do you ever go to the Java Hut in Langley .???]
Only went there once, speed bumps are too big and I scrape over them.

Steve these are the only pics I have as of right now: http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...20head%20swap/

Will be picking up my pushrods and 2 more u-joints tommorrow....
Old 02-06-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Rybar
Only went there once, speed bumps are too big and I scrape over them.

Steve these are the only pics I have as of right now: http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...20head%20swap/

Will be picking up my pushrods and 2 more u-joints tommorrow....
If you enter off of 200th st, in the back, and go behind the stores, there are no speedbumps----I know what you mean though, even I scrape abit.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

my adapters are from the car shop (in 67's sticky) and energy engine mounts

i like um

but, as you can see they are a little close to the firewall (about an inch and a half)

and steve im running the headers for the stock steering (while i dont have a pic they do clear, i have yet to install my colum but the rag joint is on the box and its no isssue at all.) but like i sadi my only complaint is they took forever to get, and the o2 sensors are welded in to the slip on rducers from 3" to 2 1/2", they also come with good band clamps so your can rotate the bungs to wherever they clear best. my friend got kooks headers and they welded the bungs right in the way, we still havent figured out what he's gonna do. his arent for a swap though.
Attached Thumbnails stainless works headers (From Sticky Section)-mounts.jpg   stainless works headers (From Sticky Section)-passside.jpg  

Last edited by leonpiper69; 02-06-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chrisp3
leonpiper69: they fit great but almost 3 months to get (i hate when summit lies about how long stuff will take), what ya think?

I was just about to order a set of these. Summit told me that for an extra 10 or 15 bucks they would be drop shipped from Stainless Works and I would receive them within one week(Texas). They said if you order these online they will not be drop shipped, you have to call the order in. Although, If you buy them from SW, expect to pay over $100 more than summit.

I was about to buy the Hookers but changed my mind after I came across the SW on summits site.
The difference:
SW are about $40 more expensive- Hookers are 18g primaires, SW's are 16g- Hookers have 5/16 head flange, SW's is 3/8 -You can get hookers w/ceramic coating, SW's are 304 stainless- SW sells a set for rack or box steering- coatings on headers almost never last over a few years and then start to rust, stainless will only blue and that can be removed with polish.

P.S. pics are from the sticky section(leonpiper69's car)

ChrisP

what stainless works told me is that they are made on a first come first serve basis and they are made to order (the guy at summit was saying he wished they would keep a few sets in stock, but they dont). summit expects a 30 day wait time (cuz their made to order) but then stainless works gets backed up? i got different stories everytime but thats the most common scenario i got?

i say get um, they are great quality just dont get upset if they take a little while, while i was not in dire need of them (it still doesnt run yet) i was just mad cuz i kept getting lied to.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I want the SW headers but I have ATS mounts, why don't you PM me and we can talk some measurements, thanks LP,

And Ryan, sorry man, but those are the wrong side of the engine, let see some on the joint and the new mod, thank you in advance,
Old 02-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Steve68
I want the SW headers but I have ATS mounts, why don't you PM me and we can talk some measurements, thanks LP,

And Ryan, sorry man, but those are the wrong side of the engine, let see some on the joint and the new mod, thank you in advance,
Steve, trust me buds. I will post pics and inform you once I get the correct u-joint to replace my rag joint. The drivers header is not in at the moment. I bought my SW headers from Jason Huber (Datsbad) of G-Force Design Concepts. He had a set in stock, and gave me a killer deal. He also had the same rag-joint clearance issue with the S&P plates and had to install a Flaming River u-joint.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool, SW email me and offered a discount on them, but I might have to change out the rag joint too, but since you doing it, I will follow in your foot steps,
Old 02-07-2007, 06:25 AM
Teching In

Steve68
Looks like your the first to try SW headers with the ATS mounts. Have you talked with Tyler at ATS about the ATS mount/SW header fit? Those headers look great in the pics and are not a bad price from what I can tell about header options for first gen. Good luck with the project.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, but I think Rybar is right in the middle of doing it, I think he's waiting on the rag joint,
Old 02-07-2007, 08:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Steve68
Thanks, but I think Rybar is right in the middle of doing it, I think he's waiting on the rag joint,
Rybar has S&P mounts, not ATS. ATS puts the engine a about an inch lower, which may create or eliminate clearance problem compared to the S&P mounts.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Yea, that's what I thought too. Looks like Steve68 is first on ATS/SW. May want to check with ATS before getting the SW's. Of course the ATS headers are top notch customs and will fit, but the price has slowed me down considerably on that option.
I've tried searching on the ATS/SW fit on a few forums but I haven't seen a definitive answer.

Quick Reply: stainless works headers (From Sticky Section)