Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Thinking about buying someone's 9inch

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking about buying someone's 9inch

I found a 9inch rear for a pretty good deal, seller says it is new and it is local.

It is the kind for an fbody (torque arm of course), 4.11s, 31 spline axels, and either an auburn or detroit locker posi (i assume they just copied and pasted the product description so i would have to double check on this).

My question: are 31 spline axels sufficient or will i break them? CAr is cammed, sees some strip, etc. Might get another power adder eventually.

Also, anything to check for/ask for on a buying a rear from someone else? I don't want to get scammed because it still is a LOT of money.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Launching!

detriot lockers are less than ideal for the street, if it is A LOT of money, why don't you just think about buying a new unit?

31 spline axles should be fine, and from what i know there's really no way to tell what kind of condition its in without opening it up
Old 02-07-2007, 09:31 AM
11 Second Club

its 1500$ so i think itd be worth it considering it hasnt been used. So if it has a detroit locker i shouldnt get it if i plan to ride on the street?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:03 PM
11 Second Club

Ok i talked to the seller. Im not sure if it is a good deal or not, can someone help me decide.

Basically:
Its a Ford 9'' from moser. 4.11s, detroit locker. A shop owner bought it to put in a customer car but the customer totalled the car before it was installed. So 1500$ for this thing.

No brakes pressed in, no abs, and no axels. How much would it cost to get some axels, get them installed and then get brakes put on it?