Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Sticky clutch pedal

Old 02-07-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticky clutch pedal

I'm sure this has probably been covered before but I'll ask agian.

I drove my car home from the body shop on monday and until today it has sat. I took it out for a bit and I noticed that while the car was still warming up when I would depress the clutch to shift it drops really quickly to about halfway then you can feel it engage the clutch. When I release the pedal it pops up about halfway then sticks there for a second or two then pops all the way out. It did this for about 5 min until the tranny fluid got warm. One time the pedal actually stuck at halfway and didn't come up till I popped it back with my foot. I'm just wondering what would cause this and how I can fix it because it's annoying as hell.

I'm driving it to work tomorrow so in my down time I'm going to put on my new tail lights, shift skip elm, and do an oil change. I'm also thinking about bleeding the clutch, would that take care of it or is this something internal.

Thanks, Nick
Old 02-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slw ls1
I'm sure this has probably been covered before but I'll ask agian.

I drove my car home from the body shop on monday and until today it has sat. I took it out for a bit and I noticed that while the car was still warming up when I would depress the clutch to shift it drops really quickly to about halfway then you can feel it engage the clutch. When I release the pedal it pops up about halfway then sticks there for a second or two then pops all the way out. It did this for about 5 min until the tranny fluid got warm. One time the pedal actually stuck at halfway and didn't come up till I popped it back with my foot. I'm just wondering what would cause this and how I can fix it because it's annoying as hell.

I'm driving it to work tomorrow so in my down time I'm going to put on my new tail lights, shift skip elm, and do an oil change. I'm also thinking about bleeding the clutch, would that take care of it or is this something internal.

Thanks, Nick
I am having a similar problem with mine as well. First try bleeding the clutch or better yet changing the fluid. I did mine but the problem still exists. People tell me it might be my pressure plate. Also the pedal continues to stick you can pump it back up by pumping the clutch about halfway and it should built pressure back up. That is what I do with mine. I hope this helps and hopefully its something minor and an easy fix.

Take care

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sticky clutch pedal