International Members For our members outside of the USA

UK So called Travel Tax. Vote NO!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default UK So called Travel Tax. Vote NO!

The Petition link is
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Road Tax...If you drive a car...read on.................!

Apparently there is only one month left to register your objection to the government's 'Pay as you Go' road tax.

This Petition is on the 10 Downing St website (http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/) but they didn't tell anybody about it! Therefore only 250,000 people have signed it so far -- and 750,000 signatures are required to stop them introducing it. Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition.

Democracy in action? Read on, and see what will happen if this Petition fails !!

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to
purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working mother who uses her car to take the kids
to school will pay an estimated £86 in one month !!

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will
know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been
going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit, you can probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of car drivers, please sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and pass this on to as many people as possible.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/
Old 02-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Dan,
still got the 'Hawk..for now.
I've signed up there's no way the government is going to screw us over again, I'm sure they won't be happy till we go back to horse and cart.Meanwhile the thousands of Polish ( no offence to anyone Polish here ) that flood to these shores bring their cars over and drive without tax,MOT possibly even insurance!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad thing is Nancy Pelosi will take notice of this and get wet drooling over taking other peoples money and redistributing it. We in the US are not far behind this kind of type of confiscatory shinanagan.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blackhawk66
Hi Dan,
still got the 'Hawk..for now.
I've signed up there's no way the government is going to screw us over again, I'm sure they won't be happy till we go back to horse and cart.Meanwhile the thousands of Polish ( no offence to anyone Polish here ) that flood to these shores bring their cars over and drive without tax,MOT possibly even insurance!
Hi Paul,
Glad you still got the Hawk, was going to email you to see how all that was getting on.
Wheels day meeting place... are we going to meet prior to meeting on the M3? I have a freind with a supercharged 78 camaro who may be meeting us at the services on the M3.

Anyway back to the subject.... theres me going off on a tangent again.... I guess if the government dosn't bring in that tax law they will bring in a tax band of over 2 litre, or over 3 litre, either way we are buggered as I'm sure they will wack up the tax even more. I wonder if by putting up road tax are they going to reduce th tax on the fuel? I doubt it.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it will be a good idea to meet up at the Hedge end M&S car park next to the fuel station if that suits you and your friend, but we can sort it a bit closer to the date.
On the note of fuel tax cutting, you know the government...they are creaming too much off the top, we are cash cows and they wont give that up!!
Old 03-09-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Resident

Wow guys...thats fucked. How do they reason being able to track you? Can you say Big Brother?
Old 03-09-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

Tracking is for charging you different toll rates for each road you are on.

If this happens i'm out of this country.

Also the tracker reports your speed, so even 1mph over the 30limit they will know and issue fines throught the post. I'm going for 3 times the national speed limit this year, and the tracker would surely give me greif.

what if your having a track day on a race track? get a speeding fine for every lap. lol.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Hey there,

I hope the 1.8 million people who signed the petition, will firmly tell T.B. where to shove his stealth tax.
As if I don't pay enough Fu@#ing tax already.

Quick Reply: UK So called Travel Tax. Vote NO!