Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heater hose water temp adapter

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default heater hose water temp adapter

I did some searching with no luck. I was looking for the heater hose adapter for the mechanical water temp gauge. Has anyone seen these. I need this for a temporary fix till I can afford to buy all the autometer electric gauges that I want. Thanks, Josh
Old 02-08-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What size is your Mechanical sender ?

what are you trying to do..?.. put the sender in the Water Heater hose out/inlet ?

Why not drill and tap the Water pump for the size of the sender.. search .. as there as a post within the past few days on water temp sender.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Default water temp sender

Originally Posted by bczee
What size is your Mechanical sender ?

what are you trying to do..?.. put the sender in the Water Heater hose out/inlet ?

Why not drill and tap the Water pump for the size of the sender.. search .. as there as a post within the past few days on water temp sender.
I already have my steam return from the heads in my water pump. As I stated above, I want this to be a temporary install. I dont want it to be permanent. I will be installing autometer electric gauges and will drill the passenger head for this, but right now I want to put the inline heater hose adapter on as this will not do anything permanent. I am trying to put the mechanical temp sensor in the heater hose return. I have seen a link to a website that had these on here a while back. Have you seen them??????
Old 02-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can buy a pipe tee and install hose barbs on each end and your temp. sender on the tee side. I would be concerned about how accurate of a reading you would be getting. You could also use a scanner to get a water temp reading from your pcm if you only want a temporary solution. I used a 1/2" npt tee to install my trans. temp. gauge in the cooler line. It is hidden under the air intake on the pass. side of the radiator so i didn't care aboit the looks.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Default hose barb

That sounds like a good idea. As long as you are on the outlet from engine shouldn't you have an accurate reading? I would think so, but I could be wrong. Thanks for the help, Josh

Quick Reply: heater hose water temp adapter