Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Thinking about rearend, cutouts & more. yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about rearend, cutouts & more. yes or no?

alright, i have a 01 SS. mods are in sig,

anyway, ill start off with, i hate my factory 10 bolt, i want to put in a 12 or a 9". now, i never know how long im keeping my car, so would i have a problem reselling this rearend out of my car for like $2000 cdn? im gunna be buying a moser, with 4 ch abs eaton posi, 33 splines, 1350 yolks, and 4.10 gears.

okay, so what im on the fence about. here is the other stuff im thinking about doing

qtec cutout,
new springs, 1-1.25" drop, (whats a good brand, i hate my eibachs so im switching)
possibly a billet aluminum grill powercoated black, ( or keep my stocker)
and new tires, possibly the Falken Azeni RT-615, is anyone familliar with this one, i know its amazing for autox, but what about strait line traction.

now with doing my rearend im going to buy some dr's for the back, then a clutch is going to come sooner than later.

basically, would you guys do all this, like rearend, clutch, tires, grill, springs, cutouts. and spend around $6000. or just keep my stock rear, ****ty tires with no traction. and toss a bottle of nitrous on it, for $1000.

im not big on the nitrous thing, but it would be nice for the price. the only thing im worried about is im already making 407.4 rwhp, and i have a stock bottom end.

someone make up my mind for me,

my goal is to keep it a nice looking weekend driver, that runs low low 12's. or mayyybe dip into the 11's if im lucky.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:12 PM
12 Second Club

ive got a moser 12bolt with 3 channel, 33 spline, 3.73 and a tru trak diff instead of the eaton. the tru trak gear driven instead of clutch driven, its seemlessly engages and disengages and is stronger that the eaton.

of course it depnds on how many miles are on the rear when you sell it but i dont think you'd have a problem getting 2k for it.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

i only put on 2000 miles last year

i barely drive my car, its almost a shame, but i love the time when im in it.

so the tru trac is better forsure?
Old 02-09-2007, 12:33 AM
12 Second Club

it is stronger thats why they upgrade to the true trak when u go to 33 spline axles. i <3 my true trak