Got a Ticket, need some advise....

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got a Ticket, need some advise....

Ok I was driving to my apartment and there is this stretch of parking lot/road that leads to the apartments. I come to a crowded stop sign and come to a complete stop and prceed foward, this cop hits his lights and pulls me over telling me I didnt stop, which I 100% for sure did. So he ends up writing me a ticket for my nitrous tank, which is empty. No frotn plate, which was on my windsheild, and not stoping, which I did. So does anybody knopw the laws as far as nitrous ans front plates go. The bottle is dead empty so it is pretty much just a metal cylinder. I was told by another officer (same squad) that I could put my plate in my windshiled as long as it is visible. I really hate cops sometimes, this guy had that I don't gove a **** attitude whihc made me want to choke his *** out on the spot...
Old 02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

What did he put on the ticket for the Nitrous bottle? It's not Illegal.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Eh, you'll have to go to traffic court but Id at least seek call up a lawyer and ask him about it. Id say you'll just about get off for everything, at the most you may have to pay for deffered adj on the stop. That one is going to be your word against his.

My buddy represented himself once on a stopping ticket just like yours and asked the officer in court if the reflective material of the stop sign and the reflective material of the stop line were the same color. The cop answered with "I don't know". He then asked a rhetorical question to the jury about how the officer knew the car was not stopped behind the stripe if he couldn't recall the stripe. Jury let him off.....

Personally Id just show up at traffic court and ask for DA....allot easier.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

I really want to know about the plate, I was told by another officer in the same town (stafford) that it was cool so it was exectly what I did. But this guy was a 100% *****, I would ask him questions and he would just look at me like he didnt give a ****, he honestly wouldnt say anything. He said he "didnt want to discuss it with me right here". I told him the tank was empty and not illigal and he said "ok sir here is your ticket you sign right here" he completley ignored me. I wanted to get out and beat his *** so bad, I can't recall a time where I was more pissed than that moment, just the way he looked at me when I asked him a question or tried to explain something to me like he didnt give a ****. I know it sounds bad but **** like this makes me really hate the police.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

For the license plate state laws says that it must be at the furthest point on the front of the car. I read it somewhere I just can remember where.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

yup they're are some bad/gay cops out there. but as far as I know. having your plate in the dash is not legal. it can be a "flying hazard" in a car accident etc. that sjust what ive heard. and its supposed to be at the most front part of the car. not just anywhere you want.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Abe99
For the license plate state laws says that it must be at the furthest point on the front of the car. I read it somewhere I just can remember where.
damn it. i took too long to type. you beat me to it.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

State law doesn't say it has to be the furthest part forward. It says that it has to have two plates one forward facing. I've had lots of cops try to bluff me into that ticket. If you're in college station look up John T. Quinn and tell him the "A&M sports car club" sent you (might get a discount). He is a god of traffic tickets and can probably get the ticket dismissed all together.

Seriously though, John T Quinn if it's in Brazos valley.

GL man,
William
Old 02-08-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
I really want to know about the plate, I was told by another officer in the same town (stafford) that it was cool so it was exectly what I did. But this guy was a 100% *****, I would ask him questions and he would just look at me like he didnt give a ****, he honestly wouldnt say anything. He said he "didnt want to discuss it with me right here". I told him the tank was empty and not illigal and he said "ok sir here is your ticket you sign right here" he completley ignored me. I wanted to get out and beat his *** so bad, I can't recall a time where I was more pissed than that moment, just the way he looked at me when I asked him a question or tried to explain something to me like he didnt give a ****. I know it sounds bad but **** like this makes me really hate the police.
hpd told me my plate was ok in the windshield. then i got pulled over by 2 state troopers within a month and they said it has to be on the front of the car. so i went ahead and put it on.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

In case you were wondering here is the law from the transportation code:

"Transportation Code

Sect 502.404

OPERATION OF VEHICLE WITHOUT LICENSE PLATE OR
REGISTRATION INSIGNIA. (a) A person commits an offense if the
person operates on a public highway during a registration period a
passenger car or commercial motor vehicle that does not display two
license plates, at the front and rear of the vehicle, that have
been:
(1) assigned by the department for the period; or
(2) validated by a registration insignia issued by the
department that establishes that the vehicle is registered for the
period."

William
Old 02-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Launching!

lol i live in stafford, some are strict on the front license plate laws but most arnt, just the cop thats got a red face and the fat one, just get the laws on the tank and try for a plee bargin or determine how the officer could tell if the tank was full or not and then tell them that there was a front license plate present. I did that with the "excessive horn" citation i got from sugarland....because there were girls next to me and they honked so i did....but mine was a semi truck horn.....so it was a little louder. and i just said that u cant really prove if it was louder then a regular horn or mabey a different tone. you can also say you were transporting the tank and say it was just a tank, just as a gas tank or propane tank. Just be confident lol
Old 02-08-2007, 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

Since when is nitrous illegal in the base case? The license plate law as it reads seems easy enough to get around, and the stop is just a bad situation. Hope it all works out!
Old 02-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

It is legal to have nitrous in your car. HOWEVER.....the bottle can not be hooked up....ie you have to have the feed line disconnected while on the street. That is from a Wichita Falls cop.

Pucci

If your bottle can be full or empty it doesnt matter. The main thing is if the bottle was connected or not. If it wasnt you should be able to get out of it. If it was well you could be screwed on that.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

Im just gonna go to trial, hopefully he won't show up and if he does I will try my best to make him look like the faggotass ***** he really is.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pucci
It is legal to have nitrous in your car. HOWEVER.....the bottle can not be hooked up....ie you have to have the feed line disconnected while on the street. That is from a Wichita Falls cop.

Pucci

If your bottle can be full or empty it doesnt matter. The main thing is if the bottle was connected or not. If it wasnt you should be able to get out of it. If it was well you could be screwed on that.
nitrous is not legal in cars being operated on public roadways
Old 02-09-2007, 03:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

If that bottle was connected then you can get a ticket for it.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:36 AM
TECH Junkie

I have my own rant regarding traffic law right now anyway. DPS blocked off the entrance to my neighborhood then gave me a ticket for "disregarding a traffic control device"....

They wanted me to drive 2 hours in standstill traffic so I could come back in the Southbound lane.....It was worth the 125 bucks.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Just keep having your court date reset and when you eventually have to go he probably won't show and you can get that stuff dismissed.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Pucci

Pucci

Let's see the Law that says that. I've Never seen it.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Veteran

get an attorney, that's about all you can do. Sucks dude, i hate bitch cops