Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got back from dyno. Have a few issues.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from dyno. Have a few issues.

I just finished my LS1 swap a few weeks ago and had the car dyno tuned today. I attached the results.

I have a few issues with the gauges. I put in an autometer tach and speedo. The tach needle jumps around when the engine is at idle. Is there anyway to clean up the signal?

The speedo seems to be working except at low speeds it steps down in speed instead of coming down smoothly. Again, do I need to clean up the signal from the VSS?

Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails Just got back from dyno.  Have a few issues.-dyno-sheet.jpg  
Old 02-09-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 70CamaroRS_LS1
I just finished my LS1 swap a few weeks ago and had the car dyno tuned today. I attached the results.

I have a few issues with the gauges. I put in an autometer tach and speedo. The tach needle jumps around when the engine is at idle. Is there anyway to clean up the signal?

The speedo seems to be working except at low speeds it steps down in speed instead of coming down smoothly. Again, do I need to clean up the signal from the VSS?

Thanks for the help.
Impressive power, what do you have done to the motor?

Congratulations!

Pat
Old 02-10-2007, 06:51 AM
rao
TECH Resident

I don't think there is anyting you can do to fix the tach; everyone I have seen, including my own with an autometer tach, did that. They even mention it in their support pages.

I did not have that problem with the speedo.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Default camaro

Car looks good, so does the power. I am with stucool, what is done to the motor? What ac system is on the car? I was looking through your photos and am wondering. Also, what are you doing for a shifter boot? Do you have the factory console in the car? Josh
Old 02-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Man that is a very nice, smooth power curve.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

one thing with autometer gauges that may help, they can be picky about having a good ground. maybe that wil help.
cool car, good numbers, keep up the good work
Old 02-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys,

As for the motor...
Stock LS1 bottom end, Crane 218/224 cam and matching valve springs. As for the heads, I'm not completely sure. The castings are 5.3L heads which was a bit of a surprise since I was expecting a stock LS1 pullout. There may or may not be any work done to them. The throttle body was polished a bit and it already had a 160 thermostat. For the exhaust I used flowmaster 2.5" kit with 50s muffler. Had to modify some Edelbrock stepped 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 LT headers to fit.

Haven't figured out what to do about a shifter boot. I'm going to run the stock console and thinking about having an upholstery guy make something to fit. The A/C unit is Classic Auto Air. Cost $600 for the interior kit. I still need to buy the compressor and brackets.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Default camaro

Thanks for the response. I havent decided what route I want to do on the ac and liked the looks of yours. Those heads must have some work done to them. Thats some really good numbers for such a small cam. Good luck with your project.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Nice job, thats great hp #s with a small cam !