Looked at a c6 zo6 today!!! Rant!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looked at a c6 zo6 today!!! Rant!!

They had a Blk/Blk zo6 at Bill heard chevrolet today my color!! With chrome rims I loved it until I saw the price tag of $109,000.00 I laughed and the salesman said "what" I said "that is way to much" he said have you ever drove one? they will break your neck when you shift from 1st to second.. I told him I have a 02 that will put bus lengths on it and he said no way ..I walked out the damn door. I hate dealerships.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Should have asked him to race you, winner gets the losers car.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

I know what you mean! Me and the gf went to look at c6 verts at monday chev about a month ago. The guy didnt even know what engine it had in it...then asked if my ss was a v8
Old 02-09-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Most salesmen are idiots. I'll never forget back in late '02 when I was shopping around for a SS. They were hard to find. I ran into a silver one at a dealership in Pasadena. It was an auto and I was thinking about buying it. I thwn backed out telling him that I'm going to continue my search b/c I wanted a m6. He then said that I can always drive it off the lot and take it to AAMCO and have them do a swap. lol
Old 02-09-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by U LUZ
They had a Blk/Blk zo6 at Bill heard chevrolet today my color!! With chrome rims I loved it until I saw the price tag of $109,000.00 I laughed and the salesman said "what" I said "that is way to much" he said have you ever drove one? they will break your neck when you shift from 1st to second.. I told him I have a 02 that will put bus lengths on it and he said no way ..I walked out the damn door. I hate dealerships.
never buy from them. They have been rated the worst GM dealership. Plus they are idiots.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's the retail on one of those?

-More than you can afford pal.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
What's the retail on one of those?

-More than you can afford pal.
smoke him
Old 02-09-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002t/a06
smoke him
haha nice
Old 02-09-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 02-09-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Haha. Burn.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
Should have asked him to race you, winner gets the losers car.
lol that would be a great idea
Old 02-09-2007, 10:44 PM
9 Second Club

Bill TURD FTL
Old 02-09-2007, 11:27 PM
12 Second Club

I can't believe they think they're gonna get anywhere close to 30 over MSRP! You can get them on fleabay at sticker or better now. Maybe when they FIRST came out...And as to the salesman, they should certify those guys on Vettes and SS cars. If you're not certified, stick to the Aveo and Cavalier buyers of America
Old 02-09-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I was working at Allen Samuels, I always got loads of customers who were coming from Bill Heard, cracked me up ...

I was honestly appalled when I heard that Bill Heard was getting a GM Performance Parts division, but its only because they've got the sales and advertising behind them.

however, they've got the worst sales pitches, and they bait people like *************, any time you call and ask for ANYTHING, even if its a 1970 Datsun, they'll say they have it, just come down and have a look.

I walked the lot one day looking for an F-Body, they had 3, two of which were both V6, both auto, and both had the same shittyass red paint all over the interior. the other was a manual, but still a V6

I won't take that lot serious, and I'd never recommend them... between Bill Heard and Munday, those two dealerships have the highest "**** you in the ***" ratio out of anyone... they'll put some astounding ******* numbers in when running peoples credit checks, and they'll get them approved, and in turn, that person is completely fucked for the life of their car (case in point, my Ex bought an 02 Z28 from Munday, 19k, m6, hardtop, and found out later on that through financing and all that, she owed nearly 29k on the ******* car after making double payments for a goddamn YEAR ....)

I'll never deal with a dishonest dealership... before I started working at AS, I at least knew they were fairly honest... I traded in an 05 Scion tC and they gave me a very good price on it, $5k more than I owed on the car actually, and I had them roll my shipping costs into the SS into what I was paying, and I fought the price of the SS down to 16k before I'd make a deal, and they ended up not making **** off of me in any direction (they bought the car for 16k, I paid 16k, they used my shipping company, and rolled that cost into the car, I paid no fee's, and very little taxes due to the trade in, they also flew their own driver up to Seattle to drive down with the car no charge to me)

in the end, after working there even for a short period of time, they're honest, if something can't be done, they'd tell somebody straight up...

they refuse to move some numbers around just to get a sale.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by C5RUZR
I can't believe they think they're gonna get anywhere close to 30 over MSRP! You can get them on fleabay at sticker or better now. Maybe when they FIRST came out...And as to the salesman, they should certify those guys on Vettes and SS cars. If you're not certified, stick to the Aveo and Cavalier buyers of America
it's now a Cobalt sir

anyway, Bill Heard has been selling Z06's for 20-30k over sticker since they came out, and they sell them too, and they usually end up getting 5-10k over msrp for just a regular vette ... they have the volume so they get a much larger number of vettes vs. any other dealership.

and getting certified on those vettes and SS cars is expensive for the dealership and for the salesperson as well... sure it may pay off in the end, but honestly, most dealerships won't front the cash for it unless you're doing a lot of sales in that specific area anyway.

I mean, there are general certifications that everyone needs to pass, yes, I will honestly say I've been certified on at least half the GM fleet including the Z06, any salesperson can do it that one way, all they've got to do is put the time in.

However, to be truly certified and have that as a specialty, you've got to be sent off to Detroit, run the car on the proving grounds and basically spend a week in classes, not making any money (but having a hell of a time I'm sure), and you get that specialty certifcation, which basically means any salesperson who has a customer looking specifically for that car, has to send them your way, and whether or not you split the sale is up to you.

thats how it was explained to me when I looked into it anyway
Old 02-09-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, sales folks at dealers try to act smart. I went to look at a 02 T/A at Frank Kent and the sales guy was trying to claim it had the LT1 in it and the LS1 was only in the vette. I tried to correct him but he just didnt listen. The car had 70k going for 27 grand.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
Yeah, sales folks at dealers try to act smart. I went to look at a 02 T/A at Frank Kent and the sales guy was trying to claim it had the LT1 in it and the LS1 was only in the vette. I tried to correct him but he just didnt listen. The car had 70k going for 27 grand.
the car sales market has a higher turn over rate than the restaurant business... which is frightening because there are far more restaurants than car dealerships

it's not for everyone, I didn't enjoy it nor was I actually any good at it, because to me, Cars are a hobby, so I always ended up looking at the performance, handling and experience of the car, rather than their key selling points for the average automobile owner... which is why I was more interested in specialty sales overall ...

but the money for me, and the enjoyment, just wasn't there.
some people are really good at it, but most are dishonest.
when it comes to used cars especially, they know even less, because it's not in the current curriculum for them to study.

99% of car salesmen are not car enthusiasts.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i work at paul young chevrolet in laredo tx and a few weeks a go...we sold a red z06 with the gunmetal wheels for 74k
Old 02-10-2007, 02:50 AM
12 Second Club

I was looking at taking a job with a VW dealership, but heard that the industry is not what an enthusiast would expect/hope. It reminds me of the 25-year old, timid girl at Planet Dodge a few weeks ago. I was looking at a Viper GTS and she had the most idiotic comments to make on it. She basically told me it had 4 wheels and air conditioning. Oh ya, don't forget about the 6-speaker sound system...cuz that's what I'm looking for in a VIPER! And then the general manager had to come over and make sure he wasn't losing a potential customer to his runt of a salesperson who was frantically looking for the spare in the trunk. Hmm...can someone say RUNFLAT? lol, I got a kick out of the whole experience, and the only reason I was there was to look at the seats and see if I would want to put them in the Vette....lol

Old 02-10-2007, 07:24 AM
10 Second Club

Hey come on John it's pocket change to you