Never trust somebody with your car...trust me.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Never trust somebody with your car...trust me.

Damn my car front end is all mest up now. I let my brother borrow my car last nigth since he was going to go to the club. I wanted him to look pimp and have a good time so he ask me if he could borrow my car since it was looking immaculte(just washed and everything). I was going to stay home at a family cook out that we were having. Before he left I told him be very careful this car is not a toy and take care of my car. So my brother calls me like at 1am and tells me "Say bro I just got in accident what should I do", damn I was pissed off, specially when he told me that the other gut did not have insurance and nothing to identify him with. So i told him to get as much information as possible and take care of that problem because i want my car back in the same condition that I let him borrow it. He told me that the guy that hit him has a body shop and will fix everything. I was like i dont want to hear no BS just fix my car and bring back the same way. So this morning I have no car and my brother did not even come home...im pissed because i might have to put my insurance on this one....just a little experiene of what might happened when you hand your keys to somebody else.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the car. That is why no one, NO ONE drives my car.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Yep..never under any circumstances let anyone drive your car. Too many idiots out there on the roads these days.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I very rarely let ANYONE drive my car, and when they do i'm with them. The only person i trust to drive my car really without me in it is my Dad. I offered to let him drive it to work whenever he wanted when my car was back home and i was at school.

Sorry for the badluck and hopefully everything turns out ok

William
Old 02-11-2007, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

dam that sucks, my friends always try to get me to let them drive my car i just say no!
Old 02-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

Did the same thing in 89 with my brother w/new truck. He went and told his friends about HIS new truck then raced it and crashed, Well that new truck of HIS wasn't his after the crash. Friends thought it was funny, but all he could do was cry like a baby.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Hope you get that worked out. If no police showed up to file a report you can pretty much forget about getting anything from the guy who hit your car unless they have some kind of morals. My mom and my sisters cars have been in minor accidents recently but the dumbass cops never showed and the other didn't file a report because he said it was minor. Needless to say even with having all the peoples info we couldn't get anything out of them cause they avoided phone calls. You can try and sue them but you are gonna waste more $$$$ trying to do that.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shouldaboughttheZ

He's alive!!!

PM me your number and I"ll call you next weekend...like Sunday...for lunch...or beers...or whatever
Old 02-11-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sucks man! ive never let someone take off in my car, my brother, cousin and uncle have driven my car, but i was with them or right behind them in another car. its funny my dad likes camaros but he refuses to drive my car, he's moved it for me b4, but he's never really driving it
Old 02-11-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Regular

Hope everything works out. Its hard learning life lessons like this but from now on you won't have that problem.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jebuzws6
Damn my car front end is all mest up now. I let my brother borrow my car last nigth since he was going to go to the club. I wanted him to look pimp and have a good time so he ask me if he could borrow my car since it was looking immaculte(just washed and everything). I was going to stay home at a family cook out that we were having. Before he left I told him be very careful this car is not a toy and take care of my car. So my brother calls me like at 1am and tells me "Say bro I just got in accident what should I do", damn I was pissed off, specially when he told me that the other gut did not have insurance and nothing to identify him with. So i told him to get as much information as possible and take care of that problem because i want my car back in the same condition that I let him borrow it. He told me that the guy that hit him has a body shop and will fix everything. I was like i dont want to hear no BS just fix my car and bring back the same way. So this morning I have no car and my brother did not even come home...im pissed because i might have to put my insurance on this one....just a little experiene of what might happened when you hand your keys to somebody else.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Veteran

damn dude.......sucks you cant even trust your siblings(spelling?)
Old 02-11-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by shouldaboughttheZ
werd......i learned my lesson the hard way i let my buddy borrow my old ta and the motherfocker got arrested for racing a mustang and passed a car in the turn lane......luckily my car didnt get impounded and then he had the nerve to call me to bail him out......i let him sit there. btw he won lol
Old 02-11-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Nobody drives my car, but I would probably let my brother or father drive it tho, it would be difficult to say no, but I would surely ask'em what for/where to?
I would never lend my car to my brother for going to a club and look pimp, glad nothing happened to him and hope everything turns out fine.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

I had just purchased a new Mustang GT and one of my cousins wanted to borrower it for the night to take his wife out. He is about 12 years older than I am and has 3 kids so I trust that he will take care of my car. The next day I come over because he was going to BBQ for the family and we were going to hang out and watch football. We needed to make a beer run so we decided to take my car and I let him drive. As we are pulling out of his neighborhood, we are cruising down his street 20MPH in 1st gear at 6K RPMS. I keep telling him to shift. All the wat to the store we are arguing because he would shift it at 6K+ RPMS everytime or get to cruising speed of 45MPH in 3rd at 5500. He kept telling me what is the point of having a sports car if your not going to drive it like one?!?! Anyways, no telling how he drove it the nght before. I learned my lesson just from that one experience.

J.R.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1stz06
I had just purchased a new Mustang GT and one of my cousins wanted to borrower it for the night to take his wife out. He is about 12 years older than I am and has 3 kids so I trust that he will take care of my car. The next day I come over because he was going to BBQ for the family and we were going to hang out and watch football. We needed to make a beer run so we decided to take my car and I let him drive. As we are pulling out of his neighborhood, we are cruising down his street 20MPH in 1st gear at 6K RPMS. I keep telling him to shift. All the wat to the store we are arguing because he would shift it at 6K+ RPMS everytime or get to cruising speed of 45MPH in 3rd at 5500. He kept telling me what is the point of having a sports car if your not going to drive it like one?!?! Anyways, no telling how he drove it the nght before. I learned my lesson just from that one experience.

J.R.

that would have pissed me off! If he had a sports car it wouln't have lasted long!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, accidents happen, that could have easily been you driving! It's just a car, I'm sure you'd rather have your brother than the car anyway! Just keep a cool head about it!
Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

I trust you.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

my dads brother wrecked his immaculate 72' chevy pu, and never offered to pay him anything back for it, hell i was pissed
Old 02-11-2007, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i never let anyone drive my cars either, except for when my gf drives the TB ss.....and it always come back with a door ding........stoopid wemen...i want to join the he-man woman haters club