Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch sticking

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch sticking

Ok today me and my friends went up to the track well the first race i did terrible since i never went to a track before, but anyways the 2nd time i went i started off better then last time, i went from 1st to 2nd with no problem then when i went to go put into third the clutch stuck to the floor and wouldnt let my car go into gear . The way i poped it out was that i had to put my foot under the pedal and pull back on it. after i did that the car worked fine and went into gear with no problem. This happend to me along time ago when i raced my friends truck and had to do the same thing then as well. But after that ive raced froma role race with no problem and did fine. People said that im just riding the clutch to much possibly. So my friends said to get a new clutch and fly wheel that can handle it better. So i don't know what to do so if you guys had this problem let me know what you did to fix or over come it.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im no expert by any means... but the pedal sticking to the floor leads me to believe its more your master cylinder than your clutch/flywheel.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DANSBIRD
Im no expert by any means... but the pedal sticking to the floor leads me to believe its more your master cylinder than your clutch/flywheel.
I had the exact same thing happen to me at the track and i'm definately in need of a new master cylinder so it sounds like you could use one too
Old 02-12-2007, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

i'll check out the master cylinder i hope thats the problem.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

Do a search on it. There are 1000's of post about this problem. Alot of people agree it has something to do with long tube headers and the heat they produce next to the hydrolic line and some say the heats warps the pressure plate on the stock clutches. No matter what you do the drill mod etc etc you will end up just having to replace it. Its happen to all three of my cars so I know how you feel.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

is there black **** at the bottom of your clutch master cylinder resivor? if there is that is most likely your problem. the rubber piece that pushes the fluid to your slave is worn. im going to try to change mine in the next couple weeks.