Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet Another Long Tube Post..

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yet Another Long Tube Post..

Ok, installing some pacesetter LTs and ORY on 99 WS6 A4, I have searched and read what I could find. Just want to feel on top of it when I slide under there next weekend. Looks like I will maybe be disconnecting the steering shaft, and possibly grinding a casting tab on the drivers side, and other than that?...Out with the old in with the new? Where do you guys like to put the jackstands?..and will your standard height 3ton units be enough?. I want to get it high enough the first time, but not get dangerous. Also, what do you do when you are putting in non egr/air Lts in?...Just leave the crap disconnected? I realize some of you have answered these type questions a million times for people, but like I say, just looking to have all the info I can get. Thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Staging Lane

Not to be an *** but try searching you will find a million and 1 posts about this.

Be prepared for a long install its not so bad. I did mine in about 6 hours and we ran into a couple of problems.

Driver side cut tab slide in with some forceful finagling(SP) Header should slide right in.

Pass beat the bottom of fire wall where it curves downward take off back 2 coil packs. Header should slide right in.

PS you WILL need a 10mm ratcheting wrench and a lot of patience. It will pay off.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 ton jacks will be plenty for a 3400lb car
Old 02-12-2007, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

I hear you about the search...Ive never been good at them...what should I search that will bring up the best stuff.....it always brings up too many off subject things....or is that just how it is...and you have to sift through it...?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Staging Lane

search is pretty basic just put in basic terms like 'header install'

As far as weeding threw all of the threads just do a search in that spefic (SP) section like if you are doing a search for a how to on a tune find that section and search in just that section. You are not gonna be able to weed out the threads that dont matter you just kinda have to go through them.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Gotcha...