Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evap block off for truck manifold

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 06:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evap block off for truck manifold

Can't seem to find what I am looking for by using the search function so here goes. 2006 LQ4/4L80 are installed in my 72' Chevelle and the evap sonsor hits the hood. Is there a plug/block off plate I can get to plug the hole or do I need to come up with something myself. I saw one post where a spark plug boot and some RTV was used but I would like something a little more permanent.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to find a vacuum cap at any auto parts store. Just measure it and look in the "Help" section. For a short term fix, cut a piece of hose and stick a bolt in it, a clamp around it will squeeze it a little tighter, but is probably not needed.

Pat
Old 02-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the info but I dont think this will work for the truck manifold. I think some sort of plug is needed.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Launching!

I used a rubber cap with a lip on it that I found at ACE. I used a piece of .25" X 1" X 1.25" aluminum and a bolt to help seal the cap. I can email you a picture. I had the evap solenoid programmed out. It was hitting my hood also. jeff_dauderman@yahoo.com
Old 02-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the info. If it were not for mine hitting the hood I would have probably left it on also. I will just delete the code. If you could send me some pics that would be great. I will send you an e mail.
Thanks again!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ditto on the photo, I was wondering what that sucker was with the hard plastic line coming off it!

rq @ rnrfab.com please (no spaces)
Old 02-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Default Plug

I made a plug out of aluminum with a o-ring groove and it was held down with a flat rectangular plate the used the original hold down hole. It turned out that for emmissions I needed the solenoid valve so I made a right angle stainless steel adapter tube. I will post pictures later today when I get home
Old 02-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Default Replacment plug for evap solenoid

Here's a couple pics for options to modify or change out the evap solenoid position if it hits the hood. The plug needs a rectangular bracket with one hole in it to use the old hold down bracket hole.
Attached Thumbnails Evap block off for truck manifold-plug-1.jpg   Evap block off for truck manifold-plug2.jpg   Evap block off for truck manifold-srtube.jpg  
Old 02-12-2007, 11:09 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mesa that is a really trick relocation tube .

This is how I relocated my EVAP purge valve. Its not nearly as trick, but if you don`t have the ability to fab something up the parts are available at most hardware stores. I use a O ring, 90 degree 3/8" barbed fitting, a short piece of 1/2" PVC pipe, a 90 degree PVC elbow, a 3/8" barbed fitting to pipe thread.
Attached Thumbnails Evap block off for truck manifold-evappurge.jpg   Evap block off for truck manifold-evappurge2.jpg  
Old 02-13-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice solutions to a common problem!

Quick Reply: Evap block off for truck manifold